US Mass shooting in San Bernardino, California

003e9cc0622958afe61f0e415fd811d4.jpg

Reactions: shyvas
Politicians are again using the deaths of innocents to try to get laws about guns passed. Shameful.

I wonder what is truly shameful:
1) promising to do something about it - and doing nothing.
2) proposing a solution (even if we do not know whether it will have an impact or not)
3) doing nothing at all

In the aftermath of a series of tragedies, breaking down the cause and effect to help TRY to prevent a future occurrence is exactly what is necessary. If that happens to step on you or anyone else's hypersensitive toes regarding gun restrictions or possible regulations, then too bad. You weren't one of those killed, or a family member of someone killed. I don't pretend to have a solution - but I'm open to listening to all options. This isn't the time to whine about your 2nd amendment rights. Nobody is going to take away your goddamn guns. Obama hasn't done it yet (I'm pretty sure we were all told he would do this by the NRA) - and he's had 7 years.

I am not anti-gun, btw. I am anti - 'Keep your hands off my guns' / 2nd Amendment tongue wagging. Because that isn't the ******* issue - it never has been. The NRA uses these mass murders to increase membership and fuel the already brimming fear and hysteria that the United States is on the verge of taking everyone's guns away. They take all the air out of the room with this political polarization and thus, ensure that nothing ever gets done. That, and lining the pockets of politicians.

"There seems to be an inverse relationship between how passionately you defend the 2nd Amendment and whether you have actually read the 2nd Amendment." - Andy Borowitz

Reactions: Mischief
Yea, honestly that looks like prepper propaganda. Cops raiding a house would never form a neat line like that.

Yeah, it would be a really, REALLY stupid way to raid a house. "Hey, let's all line up in a really long line to go through the front door. Nevermind that we'll all be sitting ducks in the meantime."

If no citizens had guns, this would be a perfectly logical way to conduct a raid.

Really?!?! If no one had guns, why the heck would you need a line of armored, heavily armed police to conduct a raid on a not very large single family house?

Still, I would like to know what the person who made that "meme" was thinking (if at all)...
Sure, there are laws ... and yes, laws should be enforced ... so?

Or alternatively, @ledboots , why did you specifically think sharing this here would help the discussion we are having ? Just curious.

Still, I would like to know what the person who made that "meme" was thinking (if at all)...
Sure, there are laws ... and yes, laws should be enforced ... so?

Or alternatively, @ledboots , why did you specifically think sharing this here would help the discussion we are having ? Just curious.
Since few people here take any side save the liberal one, I thought I would make the discussion more interesting. A bunch of people tsssking and looking down their noses at the Ugly American and his Guns has gone a bit stale imo.

Reactions: Second Summer
Well, isn't that kind of a logical reaction?

You attend a Christmas party, they are really mean to you, so you go to your truck, grab your trusty assault rifle and balaclava, and go back to teach them?

Don't tell me you never thought about something like that...;)

PS: Told you they would be looking Middle-Eastern.....
Yes, because they are from Saudi Arabi and did turn out to be Muslim extremists.

Yes, because they are from Saudi Arabi and did turn out to be Muslim extremists.

The wife was Pakistani. The husband was American by birth. Not all Muslims are from Saudi Arabia; in fact, Saudis are a very small minority of Muslims.

If you don't want to feed into "ugly American" stereotypes, perhaps you should be a little bit more careful about lumping non-Christian individuals with a brownish cast to their skin into whatever stereotypical groups are the fixation du jour.

Last edited:
Since few people here take any side save the liberal one, I thought I would make the discussion more interesting. A bunch of people tsssking and looking down their noses at the Ugly American and his Guns has gone a bit stale imo.

A conversation starter that has some basis in reality might be more effective. At the least,it would be more interesting.

A bunch of people tsssking and looking down their noses at the Ugly American and his Guns has gone a bit stale imo.

Re: the gun issue, I think the majority of British people genuinely can't understand why stricter gun controls aren't introduced in the US. I thought something would be done after all those little kids were killed. The culture is so different here as the police aren't even armed and it seems to work well. It seems to me that British public sentiment has moved from people being at first sympathetic, and then became incredulous, and now just think "Oh, another mass shooting in the US, big surprise".

Last edited: