NSFW Marijuana

Mexico Set to Legalize Marijuana, Becoming World’s Largest Market

MEXICO CITY — Lawmakers in Mexico approved a bill Wednesday night to legalize recreational marijuana, a milestone for the country, which is in the throes of a drug war and could become the world’s largest cannabis market, leaving the United States between two pot-selling neighbors.

The 316-to-129 vote in Mexico’s lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, came more than two years after the Mexican Supreme Court ruled that the country’s ban on recreational marijuana was unconstitutional and more than three years after the country legalized medicinal cannabis.

Mexico Set to Legalize Marijuana, Becoming World’s Largest Market

MEXICO CITY — Lawmakers in Mexico approved a bill Wednesday night to legalize recreational marijuana, a milestone for the country, which is in the throes of a drug war and could become the world’s largest cannabis market, leaving the United States between two pot-selling neighbors.

The 316-to-129 vote in Mexico’s lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, came more than two years after the Mexican Supreme Court ruled that the country’s ban on recreational marijuana was unconstitutional and more than three years after the country legalized medicinal cannabis.
La cucaracha, la cucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene
porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar

I use it for entertainment/recreation. its cheaper, and healthier than alcohol.

I also use weed (edibles) occasionally, and for both medicinal and recreation purposes. It definitely helps me sleep better. However, I limit usage to days that I'm able to sleep in.

As for it being healthier than alcohol, I feel that's somewhat subjective. Even if you're using edibles, exclusively. I'm not saying it causes harm, but I'm not convinced small amounts of alcohol cause harm either. At least not in the way you would think. In fact some studies have shown some health benefits from light alcohol consumption.

Here's a fairly recent Harvard study that shows some moderate health benefits from light alcohol consumption (1-4 drinks per week). They still recommend no drinking as apposed to drinking alcohol, but those stats appear to be based on accidental deaths related to alcohol consumption, and not so much from cancers and heart disease.

Alcohol and your health: Is none better than a little?

Reactions: Lou
I appreciate your perspective on alcohol and the potential health benefits of light consumption. It's always important to consider multiple sources of information and research when evaluating the potential benefits and risks of substances.

Thanks for sharing your experience with weed and your thoughts on its health benefits compared to alcohol. It's great to hear that you find it helpful to get better sleep and use it responsibly by limiting usage to days you can sleep in.

`I don’t think I like that marijuana is now legal in Connecticut. There’s a store only 2-3 miles away and it’s too easy for some people. I don’t believe that it’s harmless when done every day over a long period of time.

I appreciate your perspective on alcohol and the potential health benefits of light consumption. It's always important to consider multiple sources of information and research when evaluating the potential benefits and risks of substances.

Thanks for sharing your experience with weed and your thoughts on its health benefits compared to alcohol. It's great to hear that you find it helpful to get better sleep and use it responsibly by limiting usage to days you can sleep in.
I recently read an article on mindbodygreen.com about alcohol consumption and health. It's interesting to see how the research is evolving and how different studies can have varying results.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experiences and bringing up this important health and wellness topic.