March Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you StrangeOtter!

Congrats @KLS52 !

I've got an overuse injury in my right elbow so I'm taking a week off resistance training. I've been working on stretching and messing around with some agility drills instead.

I walked again today. Feels good to have a little bit of a routine again. Of course, I had to nap first, from 1-2 p.m. then at 3 I went for the walk. I can’t seem to do more than 1.5 miles yet, though, but I think it’s because I still feel like I’m fighting some kind of bug. It was a beautiful day, weatherwise.

I’ve been up since 3:45 a.m. *stinkeye* I don’t think my sleep habits will change. Last week, for some reason, I was waking up at 3 but able to fall back to sleep until 5:30. It was like heaven lol. But I’m back to my old habits which is ok, now that I can take a nap in the afternoon! :)

At least you can have a nap now. I would be interested to see if your sleep pattern goes into a more normal routine now you are retired.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I used my trampoline today and yesterday. I did 10 minutes yesterday and then I could do 20 minutes easily today. I was very happy with that as I sprained my leg late last year so it must be back to normal strength.

It's maybe a good thing being indoors so much as I might exercise more out of boredom! :laughing:

Walked four days out of the last six. Feels good! The first three days were just 1.5 miles but today I was able to push it to just under 2. It’s not great but considering I’ve done next to nothing since November, I’m pleased to finally be getting out there.

I got my daily bike ride in today. I almost hit a groundhog when it darted from the field on my right towards it's den by the creek on my left. I locked up my wheels and probably came within a foot of hitting her. They're not the best at judging speed and distance...I saw someone's helmet almost broken in half when their front wheel rolled over a groundhog and took them out. Anytime I see a groundhog I slow down right away but I barely spotted this one in time.

My elbow is feeling better but still aching a little so I'm gonna give it more time before I get back to resistance training. Guess it was good timing my gym recently closed.

Walked 3 and 2 miles yesterday and today. The weather was great! Today was beautiful. I'm so glad winter is almost over (I know it's technically spring already, but winter-like weather can stretch until mid-April in my neck of the woods).

I can't say that I've made any improvements to my health in the last few months, aside from getting more sunshine. I still have a few bad habits but haven't made any serious efforts to curb them.

However, over the last several weeks I've been looking more and more into wireless technology (the past, the present, the future) and decided to ditch my walk around phone and plug my corded phone back in. I still have a mobile, but it is not used that much/turn off at night and I don't keep it on my person. Modem's wireless is turned off.

I wasn't experiencing any health effects as some do from wifi tech, but took the measure to head off any unnecessary future ones after becoming more aware of the dangers.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Status
Not open for further replies.