Make up a band name!

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
I simply couldn't resist starting this thread after I typed Falafel Wrap & the Noochtastic Taters. Just look around you & make up a fake band name. This is something I do constantly.... and it's a fun, creative way to give your mind a bit of goofy fun. :smile:

Maybe you're in a break-room somewhere.... Coffee Mug & the Non-Dairy Creamers! Microwave Sludge & the Rotten Salads! Whatever the hell you come up with is awesome, as long as it puts a smile on your face when you think of it & share it here. :D

My daughter (4 y.o.) has been having fun lately inventing long "words" along the lines of "chocolate banana yogurt blueberry avocado eruption". Basically, throw a bunch of random words together and add "eruption" at the end. Sounds a bit like band names. Anyway, it's kept her entertained for a while.

I heard that the band "Toad The Wet Sprocket" got their name from a Monty Python skit: the scriptwriter had attempted to create a name for a band so ridiculous that nobody would ever even think of actually using it. One day he was driving with the radio on, and "All I Want" was playing. At the end of the song the DJ said something like "...and that was 'All I Want', by 'Toad The Wet Sprocket'..." The scriptwriter almost drove off the road (but fortunately he didn't).

How about....

"The Imperialistic Weeds" (I've been doing some gardening this morning)
"Catastrophic Hard Drive Crash" (this one not inspired by my recent experiences, fortunately)
"First Picnic On Mars" (I think I'd like to be there)

I heard that the band "Toad The Wet Sprocket" got their name from a Monty Python skit: the scriptwriter had attempted to create a name for a band so ridiculous that nobody would ever even think of actually using it. One day he was driving with the radio on, and "All I Want" was playing. At the end of the song the DJ said something like "...and that was 'All I Want', by 'Toad The Wet Sprocket'..." The scriptwriter almost drove off the road (but fortunately he didn't).

How about....

"The Imperialistic Weeds" (I've been doing some gardening this morning)
"Catastrophic Hard Drive Crash" (this one not inspired by my recent experiences, fortunately)
"First Picnic On Mars" (I think I'd like to be there)
I like First Picnic on Mars, I'd listen to a track

Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Apple Klaxon & the Gutter Parts. :p I signed back on to type that.... LMAO... random find-its from the game I'm currently working, couldn't resist, those were the last three items left... apple, klaxon, gutter part. LOL

(looks up yonder) I miss Ledboots. :pout:

Reactions: PTree15
@Spang ---- Thank you for reviving! And that harkens to what I'll be preparing this evening.... it's gotta be fairly quick so I can eat & game & get some friggin' sleep.... I'll need one more drink & a couple tokes.... but I'll be making:

Stewie Lentil & The Kale Puffs!! (opening act: Captain Reefer & the Chardonnays) :weird:

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
I wouldn't call them a band, but I once read about some Moral Guardian of Society (aka a fundie Christian preacher) who complained about young people at the beach wearing almost nothing and "cavorting with naked abandon", so ever since then, whenever I think about it, I have a mental picture of a group of ladies called Naked Abandon and Her Abandonettes performing at a strip club. :p

The Saucy Zen Enchiladas

Natty Tina and the Seychelles

Vinny is Dead

Spaghetti and the Meatballs

Tenth-Dimensional Board Game

The All-Encompassing Wildly Enthusiastic Smoothly Dedicated Sneeringly Condescending Frank Zappa Cover Band

The Guinness Quaffers
- a British-Irish band.

Bob’s Your Uncle
- fans of the Bill Murray movie “What about Bob?”

The Neon Swimsuit Brigade
- a 60’s-style femme band. They wear neon swimsuits on stage.

Barking Dogs
- they bark like dogs.

Hot!
- They play 90’s style grunge rock and roll.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I thought of Shrödinger's Cat but it has already been done.
That was the name of a Ska band in Kalamazoo when I went to WMU! :D They played a lot of house parties... the lead singer/harp player was my friend's English professor (who she was sleeping with).... LOL :rolleyes: