News M&S & Ocado - Possible Joint Venture

The big chains become bigger, smaller ones either go out of business or are acquired by the larger ones. It's a path towards monopolies. Governments try to stop it, but as corporations grow, so do their power ... We're on our way towards the 'singularity'.

I shop with Ocado quite often so I hope this doesn't mean the prices will rise or the service will get worse.

Ocado are expensive but the food is very high quality and they have a very good online delivery service. They also give you 5 pence for each bag you give them to recycle!

M&S didn't have a home delivery service for food and hope to improve sales by merging with Ocado. I wonder what will happen to Waitrose as Ocado have dropped them ?

I just got this from Ocado:

We are excited to announce a new partnership between Ocado and M&S, starting September 2020.

As an existing Ocado customer, you already know that we offer a much larger range than a traditional supermarket because we deliver from climate-controlled warehouses rather than stores. We’ll continue to grow our huge and diverse range of goods, from favourites like Heinz baked beans to artisanal products like Hiver beer; from international products such as Reflets de France to our award-winning Ocado own-label groceries.

The only change you’ll notice is that in September 2020, you’ll be able to buy thousands of M&S own-label groceries from Ocado. At the same time we will stop selling the Waitrose own-label products we currently stock.

You will continue to find everything you need and love – including our wide choice of vegetarian, vegan, organic and free-from foods. Each and every product will have a like-for-like equivalent, and together with M&S we will develop new and exciting lines, resulting in an even bigger range.

We will provide the same great value, award-winning Ocado service you expect from us.

We hope you’re as delighted about the new partnership as we are, and look forward to providing you with an even more incredible service in the future.

As always, thank you for shopping with Ocado.

I got that email too - think it's a shame the waitrose products won't be available anymore. I really like a lot of their 'essential' line. They do the best naked beans! Haha.