Low carb vegan diet..

if i stop eating sugary things i can push the habit onto chips etc but then that just gets bad... lol... yes i need to have snacks available, but nuts answer well for that, its sticking to it which is needed... i also bought some low carb bliss ball mix, looks good, might post it.. try and make it, i think it requires adding coconut oil...

Reactions: Raven
I mentioned this before but the other snack I have recently started buying a lot of are bread sticks, very low in fats and salts and yet still a satisfying crunch - they were also on sale the other week for 79 cents per box so I have lots now.

Emma JC

if i stop eating sugary things i can push the habit onto chips etc but then that just gets bad... lol... yes i need to have snacks available, but nuts answer well for that, its sticking to it which is needed... i also bought some low carb bliss ball mix, looks good, might post it.. try and make it, i think it requires adding coconut oil...

Freesia,

These sound good to me. This is the sort of thing I'd make as a treat, the only difference would be I'd add a date or two for the sweetener and use frozen raspberries. I have to make most of the food we eat because so many things aren't available where we live. I can resist ordering things I shouldn't be eating so I'm lucky in that respect.

A lot of people feel about fruit the way you do. So I'm lucky there too. I don't really recall how long it took before my tastes changed. It helped I tried to eat fruit when it was at the peak of ripeness. It's easy for me to eat the way I do now, because it genuinely tastes really good to me.

I know it is possible to learn to like something I did it with beets.

I will have popcorn once a week. It's a reasonable food and a filling snack. The way I make it is in the microwave in a covered bowl, no fat and I don't add salt either. Took a few attempts to get a consistent result and I tried different containers etc. The big hint if one wants to do this is try different types of corn. We found that we liked white popcorn for the best flavor.

I hope you can find what ever it is that will work for you.

Bob

Thanks guys ❤️. re the bliss balls i wouldnt add much in the way of sweetener at all, maybe a teaspoon of sugar... i find you can get away with small amounts of sweetness without impacting on taste, in fact i find when things are too sweet it hides any other flavours...

its just all so hard, and ultimately about discipline, which is not one of my strong suits...

This is probably beside the point now, but this just arrived in my mailbox. some good points made by the author.

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
Thank you, just noticed this. ive thought of getting the ketotarian cookbook mentioned in the article... it is available on amazon and other book websites. good advice in that article 👍🏼 .

right now still coasting alomg with this diet. havent lost more than 4 pounds but at least havent gained any... im thinking of adding some greens powder and continuing to up my water... havent been in ketosis but i find i am a lot hungrier often, which i try to ignore... inknow my body is getting enough calories and it is only the fat cells crying, i am a pretty small person and dont actually need a lot of food.... i have been eating in large excesses for a while and it is hard to adjust...

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
had this huge cookie binge yesterday... hopefully today i can get back on track..

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52