Long Distance Relationships

Been in one for two years now. Not for everyone, but it's working for us. We live about 500 miles (800 km) apart. We see each other once or twice a month. We talk or communicate daily. The upside is you really get to know the person intellectually and emotionally. Downside is lack of physical contact, obviously, but when we see each other, we make up for lost time. :hug:

Reactions: SummerRain
I'm in one, too.
Short version: I grew up with my boyfriend and have known him since I was 9 or 10. We both liked each other as young awkward teens, but never really did anything about it. I moved away when I was 16, and he moved away shortly afterwards. Once we started talking regularly again, we hit it off, and he came to visit me. Since then, we've been making a long distance thing work and visiting each other back and fourth. We do hope it won't be long distance much longer, though.
We've been living together for 2 months now :)

How far apart are you two? There were times in my relationship I never thought we would live together, realistically, as it felt like we were both building lives in separate areas. We've been living together since April, and are engaged. Sometimes, it will just all work out! If you really like them, then it's worth the risk. Of course you know your circumstances much better than I - so take my words with a grain of salt and do what will make you happy!