Music Live Music Thread

Well, I saw NIN in Boston on Friday. Trent is still all kinds of awesome. His mastery of light and sound is just ridiculous. Completely mesmerizing and beautiful. I was really happy that he played a lot of new stuff. He hadn't toured since '09 and I was afraid he'd do all the usuals. It's not that I mind them; it's just that I have to think he's moved on from the days of Gave Up and Closer (two songs I still love, though). He actually did not play Closer or Gave Up, though he did do Wish (one of my all-time faves). I give him props for pushing his new stuff and not trying to please everyone. He must have played half the new album (which I love), and it was awesome to see what sort of visual displays he applied to each one. There was one song for which he did this almost 3-D boxing ring. It wrapped around him and all of the rest of the band and was moving. It was bright red and it was just wicked cool. Rock on, Trent.

I saw NIN (again, for who knows how many times now; yes, I am a lucky girl) at Red Rocks in Colorado, along with Soundgarden. The acoustics and the beauty of that place are stunning. It was my first time there; I am now so spoiled. Any other venue won't compare! What an amazing and glorious place! And the bands were great, too! :D
Trent did the Great Destroyer, off Year Zero, and I was thrilled. The end of that song is full of crazy noise (he actually said, Let's get noisy, before performing that song, haha!), and it rocked all kinds of awesomeness. It was a sound-gasm for sure. And hearing Beyond the Wheel in that place was ridiculous! Cornell still has mad pipes. Chills down my spine. I'm still on a concert high several days later.