Music Live Music Thread

schmencer

banana hater
Reaction score
Thread to discuss concerts you've been to or plan and/or want to see.

I have tickets to see the Dirty Projectors. It's not until august but I'm already super excited! Plus, their new album is out in july so I'll have that on repeat once I get ahold of it. Here's the video for one of the tracks:

Anyone else have anything good coming up? Or seen anyone recently?

I had a great night at The Cellar in Oxford yesterday with Gil Karpas, Ana Silvera and Geva Alon (headline). I am a huge Ana Silvera fan so she was the reason I went. Here are a few videos:

Ana Silvera - Woodstock (Joni Mitchell cover)

Ana Silvera - Manon

Ana Silvera - You're The Song

The Joni cover was a welcome surprise as I have seen Ana lots of times but have never heard her do that before.

Next week I've got Patti Smith, The Pierces and Alanis Morissette. Excited! :D

The only concert I ever did videos of was this one:

Sorry about the audio quality.

Anyway, I have a very strange list of who I've seen live...

Blondie
Stevie Wonder
Jools Holland
Sugababes (don't ask. They were the first real famous band who came to my town so everybody got tickets even if they didn't like them.)
Tina Turner (**** yeah)
Elton John (also can include 2Cellos as they were with him... For Gleeks, the Michael episode and the cellos for the Smooth Criminal song? That's them. )
Florence + the Machine
Faithless
Glee :smitten:

And that's pretty much it. I don't really go to live shows. I can't afford them (whilst Birmingham is about 2 hours away by train (and B'ham is the nearest place where most concerts are) I would have to find somewhere to stay over night as there's no way I would get the last train back from B'ham (firstly, the train station is a 20 minute walk from the arena and secondly that train is full of drunks. Not doing it) and I can't afford that on top of the ticket prices :(

I saw, one of my favourite bands, Pink Martini in Kew Gardens on Thursday. They were brilliant as always! Here's a photo and a couple of videos:

pink-martini-kew-the-music-02-20120705.jpg

Ari Shapiro and Storm Large on stage with Pink Martin at Kew the Music.

Pink Martini - And Then You're Gone

Pink Martini - But Now I'm Back

A new discovery for me last night. Abby Ahmad was on a triple bill with Tom Copson, who I went to see, and a guy called Carey Murdock who was also great.

Abby Ahmad - Stranger Blues (Elmore James) (12 Bar Club, London, 09/07/2012)

Abby Ahmad - Who Do You Think You're Fooling? (12 Bar Club, London, 09/07/2012)

I was totally blown away by Abby.

WOMAD festival over the weekend was brilliant! Great weather, music and vegan food.

Here is one of my videos of one of the musical highlights:

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (Big Red Tent, WOMAD Charlton Park 2012, 27/07/2012)

Playlist of a load more videos here with more uploading, slowly...

Edited to replace video as I was asked to remove the other one by the artist.