Last Thing You Bought?

1 Tom's of Maine antiplaque without fluoride toothpaste discounted 1.50 with my card and I had a 1.00 off coupon

I'm so jealous. I must hit up Rite Aid immediately. I ran out of my Tom's fluoride free toothpaste and haven't been able to find it anywhere. It's the only toothpaste I can use and one of the very few that exists that doesn't contain fluoride. I didn't even consider checking Rite Aid because I assumed they wouldn't have that particular one and all the other Tom's toothpastes would be like $5-$6. Luckily I live near 3 different Rite Aids (2 directly across the street from each other).

I'm also jealous of the coupon! I was hoping to get the Tom's coupons in the newspaper last Sunday , but my area never got that one.:pout:

I'm so jealous. I must hit up Rite Aid immediately. I ran out of my Tom's fluoride free toothpaste and haven't been able to find it anywhere. It's the only toothpaste I can use and one of the very few that exists that doesn't contain fluoride. I didn't even consider checking Rite Aid because I assumed they wouldn't have that particular one and all the other Tom's toothpastes would be like $5-$6. Luckily I live near 3 different Rite Aids (2 directly across the street from each other).

I'm also jealous of the coupon! I was hoping to get the Tom's coupons in the newspaper last Sunday , but my area never got that one.:pout:

I believe Tom's of Maine is owned now by Procter & Gamble, so coupons for their products have been offered for a while now. Maybe you should contact the company (perhaps like them on FB) and ask them if they'll send you some coupons. I've been using TOM for over 30 years and I like their products, so I'm still using them despite the sale.

RA has a variety of TOM products (although not everything; they don't have the sensitive formula toothpaste I wanted and I'm planning to get elsewhere), probably because of the marking push by P&G. I went to a different RA than where I usually shop (and we do have a lot of them where I live, too), and I noticed that this RA also carries some Eco Tools makeup products.

Burger King for dinner: Veggieburger, small fries and small diet Coke, 6-something bucks. I wanted something cheap and fast, and it was cheap, alright. It's probably the lowest quality vegetarian meal one can get. :yuck:

Today we went shopping out of town and I got:

A two piece swimsuit for my daughter: 3.50$ per piece plus tax.
Four bras (2 for me and 2 for my daughter): 9.99$ each plus tax.
A simple but cute black skirt for my daughter: 10.00$ plus tax.
A hot pink hoodie sweatshirt with little devil horns on the hood for my daughter: 19.99$ plus tax.
Lunch for both of us: 33.02$ (including tax and tip)

Then, we went to a bulk food store called Bulk Barn, and we got:
-Chick pea flour;
-Soy milk powder;
-Table salt;
-Textured Vegetable Protein;
-Two kinds of candy that my daughter chose;
-A bottle of root beer.

The total at bulk barn was 12$ and some cents with tax. Because I spent more than 10$ there, they threw in a free reusable shopping bag. I officially love that store and if I had known everything was so cheap, I would have bought MORE stuff. I hope I can go back soon, it's like 45 minutes away from me and I don't have a car.

Looking at my last post, I realize that I bought mostly for my daughter and I was more excited about the bulk food store than getting any kind of clothes, except for the bras, which I desperately needed. :)

Hungry Pocket, falafel sandwich and large orange juice, about 8.50 plus tax. Best damn falafel on the planet, thank you very much. Plus if you get five falafel sandwich and large drink combos, the sixth one is FREE. Three more combos and I've got a free meal coming. :D

Reactions: thefadedone
Hungry Pocket, falafel sandwich and large orange juice, about 8.50 plus tax. Best damn falafel on the planet, thank you very much. Plus if you get five falafel sandwich and large drink combos, the sixth one is FREE. Three more combos and I've got a free meal coming. :D

Sounds good and affordable although I would skip the OJ. I love how delicious falafel is so cheap!

Amy- I found some Tom's coupons in yesterdays Pennysaver!!! :pinkelephant:I can't wait to use them now. I also did contact them about coupons and where to find the specific item I am looking for.

I hadn't seen them either. They say 'New' on them & they sound really nice. Yes they are. :) It's all vegan.

Ran some errands after work today:

Gas station, gas for my car, $46.73

Rite-Aid drugstore again:

1 package 3-pair underwear, 9.29
1 10 pound bag of RA brand cat litter, reg 3.29, on sale for 2.96 for cardholders
1 RA reusable bag, 1.00, discounted to 90 cents for cardholders
BUT
I used my Wellness card AND I had some reward coupons from my last shopping RA trip. I used a 2.00 coupon, a 1.00 off coupon and another 1.00 off coupon (had I known I could use them all at once before I got to the checkout I would have bought another cheap item; however, my remaining 1.00 off reward coupon is still valid for another couple weeks, so I can still use it)

so, with discounts and with tax added, I paid 10.18

Then I went to Trader Joe's and bought:

1 Mozzarella and tomato salad, and it's been eaten already. :lick:
1 4-pack Juice Squeeze passion fruit and mango
1 4-pack Tejava tea
3 cans cat food
2 cans low sodium minestrone
2 1.5 liter bottles of drinking water
1 bag raw almonds
2 bottles Balsamic vinaigrette
12 Tiger's Milk protein bars

total: 36.94

Dominicks
2 avacados
bananas
2 strawberries....used an e-coupon for $3.00 off fruit....sooo hippie dont need veggies..smooches garden!!
2--Reunizit fresh accents air freshners on sale for $2.49 and I used 2 B1G1 coupons.
FREEBIE SS chocolate chunk cookies...a freebie coupon I got at checkout for buying PF cookies.
2 bottles of tabasco buffalo wing hot sauce on sale for $2.99 and I used 2--75 cents off coupons.
4-- 12 packs of diet coke 4/$10.00 on sale and w/deal match....I also used 2--$1.00 off 2--12 pack coupons.
4--12 packs of pepsi products on sale B1G1FREE and a FREEBIE bag of cheetos (retail $3.49)
2--2ltr bottles of dr. pepper 10 on sale and w/$2.82 in discounts I paid 76 cents for 2 bottles.
5--gallons of ice mountain water on sale 5/$5.00...(no coupon).....shockled myself...lol:)
16 oz bottle of organic sweet leaf tea $1.49 and I used a 55 cents off coupon.
2 pure protein bars on sale for 99 cents and I used a $1.00 off 2 e-coupon..one was a (FREEBIE)
2 pure protein bars on sale for 99 cents and I used a $1.00 off paper coupon...one was a (FREEBIE)
2--edys slow churned ice cream 48oz on sale for $3.oo and I used 2--$2.00 off coupons.
boxx of morning star farms chic-n-patties $3.99 and I used a 75 cents off coupon.
boxx of morning star farms chic-n nuggets on sale for $3.99 and I used a 75 cents off coupon.
3--bulls eye bbq sauce on sale for 99 cents each and used 3--25 cents off coupons from on the bottles.
3--different sunday papers....for COUPONS and ads of course...lol...
off fan on sale for $4,99 and I used a $1.50 off coupon.

At The Starbucks at Dominicks....I got an Iced coffee and I used my GC my baby bro gave me for my b-day....YAY!!

Peace, LOve and Saving Money Rocks!!

CVS
2 N&E HC $9.99 each and I used 2--$2.00 off coupons.
2--128oz bottles of lipton tea on sale 2/$5.00 and I used 2--55 cents off coupons.
4--boxxes of barilla pasta on sale for $1.00 each and I used 2 coupons for 55 cents off 2 boxxes.
2--bottles of Xtra laundry detergent on sale for $1.49 and I used a coupon for 75 cents off 2.
2 boxxes of bayer asprin on sale for $3.00 each and I used 2--$3.00 off coupons both were FREE.
I also used a coupon for $5.00 off $20.00, a 30% off coupon off non sale items $4.95, and a $1.00 green bag tag dollar.

Peace, LOve and Hippie Couponing:)