Lanzarote

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello 👋,
I am an ex-vegan vegetarian who is (hopefully) transitioning back to vegan. With all being well with regards to COVID-19 and travel, we should be going to Lanzarote in August. We have managed with my being vegan in Lanzarote before, but trying to find places with vegan options and having that hassle can be quite stressful for my mum. It is my parents and, to a lesser extent, my sister who decide and sort out eating out in the evening (when on foreign holidays, we generally go out to eat almost every evening). I generally tend to eat a lot of pasta 🍝 in the evenings in Lanzarote. I don’t want to cause more stress than I need to on my mum, but I do want to go back to vegan.
Has anyone got any advice? Has anyone ever had any experiences with being vegan in Lanzarote?
Thank you 😊.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I've never been to Lanzarote. I have been to Grand Canaria, but that was several decades ago, and long before I was vegan.

Are you able to cook and eat your own food before you go out? And then find a drink that you know is vegan and stick with that? 😁🍷Maybe with a green salad? Olives? And think of some good topics for conversations and focus on that instead of the food so much?

I'm also hereby tagging @Tyrant @klaoe who may have ideas because they live / have lived in Spain - I hope one of them will stop by with some advice :)

Hello 👋,
I am an ex-vegan vegetarian who is (hopefully) transitioning back to vegan. With all being well with regards to COVID-19 and travel, we should be going to Lanzarote in August. We have managed with my being vegan in Lanzarote before, but trying to find places with vegan options and having that hassle can be quite stressful for my mum. It is my parents and, to a lesser extent, my sister who decide and sort out eating out in the evening (when on foreign holidays, we generally go out to eat almost every evening). I generally tend to eat a lot of pasta 🍝 in the evenings in Lanzarote. I don’t want to cause more stress than I need to on my mum, but I do want to go back to vegan.
Has anyone got any advice? Has anyone ever had any experiences with being vegan in Lanzarote?
Thank you 😊.

There are 2 vegan restaurants in Lanzarote: https://www.happycow.net/searchmap?s=3&location=Lanzarote,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&filters=vegan&radius=15&metric=mi&limit=81&order=default&lat=29.0396&lng=-13.6507&page=1

Reactions: PTree15 and Rory17