Kraft releases vegan cheese

I've passed a billboard on the highway for these but have yet to go to a store that might sell them.
They're compared to the Kraft American singles :weird: . Honestly, most vegan cheeses are already way better than those :rolleyes:
I bet they cost more too 🙄

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
This is the company that sells Velveeta, right?
Meh.
No thanks.
I'll save my fat calories to try some of Miyoko's plant based brie.

Last edited:
I pass a billboard featuring this cheeses ability melt for grilled cheese. Daiya shreds had grilled cheese covered from their beginning!
I haven't seen it in any stores, but haven't gone to the one listed on the store locator.
i can't say I ever missed American cheese - so many vegan cheeses are so much better than that anyway! It will be a failure and Kraft will say theres no market for vegan cheeses 🙄

• Agree
Reactions: vesper818
Yikes...I haven't had any vegan cheeses that I can say are better than even the worst quality dairy cheese! And I've tried a lot of non dairy cheese. 🤷‍♀️

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Yikes...I haven't had any vegan cheeses that I can say are better than even the worst quality dairy cheese! And I've tried a lot of non dairy cheese. 🤷‍♀️

The only vegan cheese that isn't too bad is Applewood.All the other ones taste like plastic.

However, I was surprised with the taste
of the artisan vegan cheese company La Faumagerie and their Brixton Blue. Not only did it have the texture of dairy cheese but the
taste was fabulous:

Reactions: KLS52
When have last tasted dairy cheese though 🤔
When I started liking Daiya block cheddar, and Violife cheddar, I did in fact try a dairy cheddar my son had, and it was no longer any good to me!
Dairy cheese had a nasty aftertaste, the kind I had associated with vegan cheese

When have last tasted dairy cheese though 🤔
When I started liking Daiya block cheddar, and Violife cheddar, I did in fact try a dairy cheddar my son had, and it was no longer any good to me!
Dairy cheese had a nasty aftertaste, the kind I had associated with vegan cheese
16 years. I guess I go by how non dairy tastes and if it isn't good, then dairy has to be better because I loved dairy cheese and I don't love non dairy. I don't think the taste of dairy cheese has changed. Maybe people's personal tastes can change over time though. Anyway, I'm not saying I hate all non dairy. I'm happy with Daiya, both shreds and slices and Violife. Chao is original flavor makes great grilled cheese. But you won't convince me it's better than dairy cheese lol. 😊