Kitty Escapes Grave after Accident

Omg, I'm afraid to look!

ETA: just amazing...that poor thing. What an ordeal. So glad he's going to be okay.

Makes me think of the movie Pet Semetary, lol. Kind of creepy! *shivers*

They could have used a better picture. My father said the vet helped the cat for free. You have to give them some credit for that.

Oh, wow. I hope the people who buried him don't get him back. At least have the decency to bring your (what you thought was a) recently deceased cat to an emergency hospital where they could give it a listen and declare death. They were probably afraid of being charged $$.

Oh, wow. I hope the people who buried him don't get him back. At least have the decency to bring your (what you thought was a) recently deceased cat to an emergency hospital where they could give it a listen and declare death. They were probably afraid of being charged $$.
The Humane Society is not giving the guy the cat back, thank goodness.

I wouldn't have thought that was necessary (to get an official declaration of death". I hope the one who buried the cat is lying about their being sure the cat was dead.

I wouldn't have thought that was necessary (to get an official declaration of death". I hope the one who buried the cat is lying about their being sure the cat was dead.
I saw him on local news (yes, another florida story...) and i believe he didn't know the cat was alive, and I believe he is economically disadvantaged, so that is probably why he did this. In the video there were several other cats on his property, so I guess no one cares about them.