Kardashian to release book of selfies

The sad thing is not that this self-absorbed celebrity-famous-for-being-rather-than-for-doing is releasing this thing, which is to be expected for somebody like her, but that some people will actually buy it. At full retail price. Why, why? :sob:

Reactions: Freesia
It doesn't feel like a big loss, not knowing why she is famous. I've read her name in papers, but have no clue who she is.

But a book of selfies seems a bit strange...

Reactions: Freesia and Amy SF
fbhj7d.jpg

If you're really mad about people taking selfies, I suggest re-evaluating your priorities.

Also - notice how the example is a woman? Much of the anti-selfie culture stuff is just rebranded misogyny, because we can't have those damn teenage girls doing something that makes them happy, can we?

And they don't always flush first when they snap their selfies, either. :bang:

Now that is gross.

If you're really mad about people taking selfies, I suggest re-evaluating your priorities.

Also - notice how the example is a woman? Much of the anti-selfie culture stuff is just rebranded misogyny, because we can't have those damn teenage girls doing something that makes them happy, can we?

I really wish I could hug you. In person, not just virtual-like. This will have to do for now. :hug:

Reactions: FortyTwo
OH - and if there's any problem here, it's not the idea of taking tons of photos on a mundane occasion, but the idea of taking fewer photos on a trip to the Moon.

But, oh, shocker, here's a gallery of dozens of photos taken during the Apollo 11 Moon landing. Many of them were taken on or in orbit around the Moon, and there are certainly more than five! Though I will give the image creator the fact that I'm not sure how many of them Armstrong took.

Not that it's really relevant at all. Sort of a bad comparison to be honest.

But we have to preserve the good 'ol days, of course, so...

I am not annoyed by people taking photos of themselves. I am annoyed that they feel the urge to share them so often. If it's from a special event or something then of course that's understandable. But when I see a new photo of someone every single day, it seems excessive to me. It seems like they are seeking validation from other people. That's not a horrible thing. It's somewhat understandable. However, it makes me feel uncomfortable to see it. There is nothing wrong with doing something to make yourself feel good, but surely there must be a better way of doing that than trying to get as many "likes" as you can on your FB photo.

And yes I know that not everyone who takes selfies falls into this category, but some do, and it makes me feel uncomfortable to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mischief and Amy SF