Just egg replaces 2 million chicken eggs

Folded Just Egg sandwiches are not Just for emergencies around here anymore. Or breakfast.

I have been doing them with grilled cheese and tomatoes. Its quickly becoming one of favorite breakfasts or lunches.

I just found this page of recipes. I may go and buy another bottle of Just Egg too. I have to figure out how expensive these are per serving.

Why is Just Egg so popular--and like no one seems to care about Just Mayo? I finally found it at a higher end store--over $5 for 16oz jar. I had been paying $3,50 for a 30 oz. It's all cheap ingredients!

I am surprised myself.
I mean 40 years ago I had eggs every day. but even before going vegan, I had cut them back to once a week. Up until now, I didn't even know I still liked them.

I don't go thru that much mayo. I bought a big jar of eggless mayo from TJs a long time ago. I'm afraid to look inside. I probably should just toss it.

I do buy vegan garlic aioli - but just the small bottles. I probably only use like a tbsp a week. On my vegan burgers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I didn't even like mayo till Just. It came right when I was avoiding palm oil, and I found I liked it for everything Margarine would do-toast, sauces, gravies, baked goods, corn on the cob, potatoes, dips.......
I don't like any other. Even the Earth Balance I have now isn't really good- my son hates it
Making my own is always wasted. I can't figure how to make a small amount.If I could add whatever commercial mayo has as a preservative I would!

• Friendly
I don't think I ever had a Sous Vide egg. I know some MultiCookers have a Sous Vide settings - but mine doesn't . I imagine most people can't make Sous Vide eggs at home. So I guess this is something you can only get at a restaurant. Fancy French restaurants?

But now Just Egg has Sous Vide Just eggs. Frozen. Four to a box. Available in four cuisine. American, Japanese, Mexican and Indian.

Should be available in March.

Eat Just to Launch French-Style Vegan Egg Bites Nationwide

How about Just going back to saving eggs from mayo jars, huh? How about that?

Saving eggs from mayo jars?
Just Mayo, dammit. I miss Just Mayo. I don't use it enough to make it worth making my own, I don't want all healthy- like from tofu or beans, and I don't like the others. I could keep a jar of Just in the fridge and it would stay good to the bottom!
Everyone liked Just Mayo!

Reactions: Lou
Just Mayo, dammit. I miss Just Mayo. I don't use it enough to make it worth making my own, I don't want all healthy- like from tofu or beans, and I don't like the others. I could keep a jar of Just in the fridge and it would stay good to the bottom!
Everyone liked Just Mayo!
Have you ever tried Follow your Heart? I absolutely Love the Garlic Aoili and the Siracha is Really good too,though Very spicy...I have never had any of the Just products, not available here in Ireland...The FyH mayo is quite expensive here, but ,
I imagine it would cost a lot less in the USA ...

• Friendly
Folded Just Egg sandwiches are not Just for emergencies around here anymore. Or breakfast.

I have been doing them with grilled cheese and tomatoes. Its quickly becoming one of favorite breakfasts or lunches.

I just found this page of recipes. I may go and buy another bottle of Just Egg too. I have to figure out how expensive these are per serving.

$1= 1 bottle at $7.99 and contains 8 servings.

Reactions: Lou
I only recently started using just egg as a dip for when I want to bread/fry something. But I didn’t realize that it doesn’t have a long shelf life. That’s a deterrent for me. And the fact that a bottle costs $8.99! I think I will go back to using cornstarch/water even though I really like the just egg.
I also had my very first omelette two days ago. It was good but I don’t seem me having it very often. I had to add vegetables and Daiya Cheddar to make it palatable. I think it would be good with a gardein sausage on an English Muffin too. I don’t know if I can justify the cost though. If I loved it, maybe. But I think I still prefer my tofu scrambles. But then there’s the too much soy issue. I eat a lot of soy. I don’t know. I’m conflicted.
Three tablespoons isn’t really enough. I think I doubled it. So I would only get four servings from a bottle. The calories/protein are decent especially if I double it.
DD5D150F-1822-42FB-95D2-185CB2AF1BFA.png

• Friendly
@KLS52
I hadn't though of using it as a dip.
The first bottle I bought, I ended up throwing some of it out because it went bad. I've been reluctant to buy another bottle. Cooking for one would mean that I would have to eggs every other day or so or risk spoilage.

I've found the frozen foldable really good. they can stay in the freezer a long time and I can just cook them as I want to. I'll have them as breakfast with potatoes and maybe a Field Roast Breakfast sausage. I also like them on a grilled cheese sandwich with a slice of tomato. I've even used them in fake sausage McMuffins.

You probably don't have to worry about too much soy. I did some research on it and found Dr. Gregar rather reassuring.

In my 2-min. video, How Much Soy Is Too Much, I run through all the studies to date that have measured the effects of varying levels of soy consumption on IGF-1 levels. Five to ten servings per day increased IGF-1 levels, but two to three servings did not. The bottom-line is that legumes are one of the healthiest things we can eat and should be a part of everyone’s daily diet. This means lentils, peas, and/or beans every day—in fact, ideally every meal! Soy is an excellent choice, but we should probably stick to no more than 3-5 servings a day.​
–Michael Greger, M.D.​

I have 2 - 3 glasses of soy milk a day. I've been buying the chocolate flavored almond coconut pea milk just to cut down a little on soy. My only other source of soy is tofu which is about twice a week. so I stay pretty much in the right area.

I enjoyed trying the just egg prepared egg. Really tasty, but really expensive. About $8 for a 4pack. I'm hoping the price will go down.
It sounds like the store has a big mark up on Just Egg, it is $4.99 at the Whole Foods in Jackson, MS.
Kroger did the same thing to vegan ice cream, they made it $6.49 for a pint of Ben & Jerry's.