News Jimmy Carter

I saw his interview on Sky. He certainly does look like a very kind and intelligent person. Furthermore, he looks and sounds fabulous for a 90 year old gentleman.

Doesn't he indeed?! I can only hope that I have something approaching that capacity if I reach that age.

He and his wife have been extremely active in a number of humanitarian causes during his post-Presidential years. The Carter Center and its work is his most lasting legacy, more so than the Presidency, and he hasn't used it to amass wealth, as other former Presidents have done.

I voted for him the first Presidential election for which I was eligible to vote. His wife visited the campus as which I was a student during the campaign, and I met her very briefly.

Reactions: Andy_T and ledboots
Doesn't he indeed?! I can only hope that I have something approaching that capacity if I reach that age.

He and his wife have been extremely active in a number of humanitarian causes during his post-Presidential years. The Carter Center and its work is his most lasting legacy, more so than the Presidency, and he hasn't used it to amass wealth, as other former Presidents have done.

I voted for him the first Presidential election for which I was eligible to vote. His wife visited the campus as which I was a student during the campaign, and I met her very briefly.

Me too, Mischief! I turned 18 in '76 and Carter was my first presidential vote cast. :)

I saw JC in Savannah, Georgia campaigning on the St Patrick's Day that year. He was doing the Stop In Every Pub On River Street tradition, but unlike everyone else, he didn't drink. :) I saw him but was too far away to shake his hand or say anything.

He is a 90 year old gentlemen who has cancer and this is what he still plans to do :

But the 39th president’s appearance didn’t feel like a goodbye, as Carter said he still hoped to mount a visit to Nepal later this year for the “Habitat for Humanity” charity which builds shelter for homeless people. In fact — with the political world immersed in the fury of another election campaign, Carter seemed almost a throwback to a past, more courtly era.

I am sorry to hear that. It's especially hard when a death occurs on or near a holiday, because every year thereafter, the holiday brings the tragedy back to the forefront.

This is so sad. There always seems to be tragedy around the holidays. My sister's best friend lost her SIL in a car accident last week. :(