Music Jazz, Blues, Soul, & Funk

Sweet tune right here... heard it before a couple times like I did tonight, in the kitchen, makin' food, listening to Nightside Jazz & Blues on the ancient Grundig radio...
2aopo.jpg

Anyhoo, great long jam just now... easy, swingin', soulful smilin'... had me groovin' around the kitchen again, just like it did before.... :cool: Enjoy.

Reactions: Val
listening to Nightside Jazz & Blues on the ancient Grundig radio...
2aopo.jpg
Cool!:up: Something inside me has been telling me that you're a lot more complicated than one could think. :DKidding... But... Haha, it was supposed to be a compliment.:p
We have a soviet vinyl player and huge soviet mono-speakers which still work..... Aaaand... we have this (right here, in the summer cottage, downstairs):
It's called "radiola", and has a vinyl player inside, under the wooden lid, and plays AM/LW broadcasting radio. (It used to be a sign of prosperity to have this thing at home). And it still works perfectly, too!:leer:

Reactions: Amy SF
I used to sing a lot of jazz, and have ended plenty of tunes on either the 7 or the 9 (typical).... But I just heard some sweet scattin' on the radio & she ended on the 7, then went to the 6, and I was like o_O :weird: Oooh, nice!

Such a tiny difference makes a difference.... LOL :cool:

These were the Aretha tunes I used to sing 'cuz they were my faves of hers....

Dr. Feelgood

Muddy Water

Today I Sing The Blues

Just heard this... I remember it being a jukebox fave of mine (only one place I used to shoot pool and/or sing had it)... it was a nice long blues jam for a quarter. :cool:

This week's Juke Joint, Robert's spinning British blues from 1968.... :cool:

ETA:

Ooh, & it looks like, after that, Destination Out will be offering tunes by artists performing Thelonius Monk songs (his 101st birthday was Oct. 10th)....

And hey, Robert (Juke Joint host) read most of my email on air that I just sent him a short time ago.... :lol:

Last edited:
God, I used to play this on a jukebox in Saginaw in between sets... forgot all about it & what a smokin' rendition it is! <3

Just heard on Juke Joint... Aretha's 1969 cover of The Beatles' Eleanor Rigby....

Reactions: Blues and Val