UK "It's NOT Coming Home"

They didn't play well enough and should have scored more in the first half. They still are the best England side I have seen in a long time.

This World Cup has been so fantastic overall, though.:) I didn't have much anticipation about it as I thought there was quite a lot of negative media beforehand because it was in Russia, but there have been so many outstanding matches.

They didn't play well enough and should have scored more in the first half. They still are the best England side I have seen in a long time.

This World Cup has been so fantastic overall, though.:) I didn't have much anticipation about it as I thought there was quite a lot of negative media beforehand because it was in Russia, but there have been so many outstanding matches.
Yeah! A lot of fans admit that the atmosphere in all russian cities is great, and there are no signs of hostility from the local fans, citizens, police, etc... And everybody can see that the government has done its best to make the World Cup safe and comfortable for all foreigners:yes:.
:cool:An English boy's vlog about common myths and expectations and reality :p:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blues

I didn't watch it as I had no satellite signal for ITV last night. Apparently they were not up to beating Croatia who
had at least 3 stronger players.
However, they have come a long way and are the best English team since the last 30 years. I remember watching the wc final in 1966 when we won it !

Reactions: Val

Sorry about England. I was rooting for them, but I agree that the matches have been very good. I really got into the WC this time around, as I edit a lot of football stories at work. :D I still have much to learn about the finer points of the game, but I really enjoyed it. When it comes to the U.S. in 2026, I hope I can get to a match. That would be a blast. I love the passion of the fans. They are always cheering and singing.

Sorry about England. I was rooting for them, but I agree that the matches have been very good. I really got into the WC this time around, as I edit a lot of football stories at work. :D I still have much to learn about the finer points of the game, but I really enjoyed it. When it comes to the U.S. in 2026, I hope I can get to a match. That would be a blast. I love the passion of the fans. They are always cheering and singing.

I've been to a few matches (Euro Cup) and there is definitely a nice atmosphere.
I hope that England beat Belgium this afternoon. I won't be able to watch it once again as I have no satellite signal for
ITV.
I didn't realise that the US was going to host the WC.

I hope that England beat Belgium this afternoon. I won't be able to watch it once again as I have no satellite signal for
ITV.

You didn't miss much as they played badly.:p

However, Harry Kane could still win The Golden Boot.

Reactions: shyvas
You didn't miss much as they played badly.:p

However, Harry Kane could still win The Golden Boot.

I saw the updates on the SKY new channel site. 2 - 0 isn't a good score.

What is the Golden Boot ? Is Harry the captain ? He's quite sweet looking.;)

Last edited:
What is the Golden Boot ? Is Harry the captain ? He's quite sweet looking.;)

He is (probably) going to win The Golden Boot as he has had the most goals in the WC. It would change if a couple of the French players score a lot of goals tomorrow!

He is quite cute, though, east London guy too.:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
He is (probably) going to win The Golden Boot as he has had the most goals in the WC. It would change if a couple of the French players score a lot of goals tomorrow!

He is quite cute, though, east London guy too.:up:

I hope that Croatia wins.

Indeed a lovely looking lad ( 24) who is about to become a dad for the second time.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really wanted it to go to penalties, oh well. It doesn't seem like that was 20 years ago that France won. How time flies!

I didn’t watch or pay attention at all. I would have been happy for Croatia, though, because my son’s closest friends are Croatian and they were quite geared up for the match.