Is vegetarianism and veganism about animal welfare or moral superiority?

I posted this pic on Pi Day, figured I'd post it again here.... seemed befitting.
photoalbum_461478409_user41461874-1.jpg

aren't rights human constructs, unless you believe in some sort of higher justice, as in some religion?

aren't rights human constructs, unless you believe in some sort of higher justice, as in some religion?

If there is a higher justice, does it require human religion to give it authority? Without human belief, can power exist? Can rights be a natural function of the universe, without regard to human opinion?

the concept of rights, I feel, needs a sentient being for it to exist....maybe there could be right and wrong without it, I don't know; anyway I do believe in God, so rights and wrongs have always existed, as far as I believe.....and so 'rights' along with it.....it's a God construct.:p

Reactions: Tom L.
the concept of rights, I feel, needs a sentient being for it to exist....maybe there could be right and wrong without it, I don't know; anyway I do believe in God, so rights and wrongs have always existed, as far as I believe.....and so 'rights' along with it.....it's a God construct.:p

I feel pretty much the same way. As humans, I think the best we can say is, we can grasp the concepts of rights and justice, but I don't think we can necessarily say, we invented the ideas! I think we've simply tapped into something larger than ourselves.