Is vegan dating possible?

Would you date a non-vegan?

• Yes,I don't care

• No, definitely not

• Maybe, it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went on a dating app called Veggly in November and I managed to meet someone great straight away. However, after two dates, she decided not to see me again because I'm planning to leave the UK again this year and go back to Chile.
If the person in question was looking for a serious relationship, it's normal that she didn't want to follow up. Long distance relationships never work out.

Have you ever tried to start a FB group in Chili for vegans wishing to meet up? It's very often through meetups that people can join in various activities and help you meet other vegans.

If you only want to date a vegan, it's obviously going to be far more complicated to meet someone. I don't know what the vegan scene is like in Chili but I'm sure that you could meet many women in your age group is you were OK to date an omni.

I told her over the phone before I met her that I would be leaving the country after some months, and she said she was up for casual, but she changed her mind later.

I don't like facebook much, but it is big in Chile. There is a vegetarians and vegans group for my local small town, and once a few of them arranged a meet up some years ago. I wasn't able to make it. I might post on there looking for a meet up but then it's a small town, you might end up with a meetup of 5 people and the only single ones are way older or younger.

I might have a look on this Veggly app in Chile as well when I get back and see if anyone is using it.

I'll date meat eaters I think if necessary rather than be single. The chance of a long term relationship might be a bit lower, though.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I told her over the phone before I met her that I would be leaving the country after some months, and she said she was up for casual, but she changed her mind later.

I don't like facebook much, but it is big in Chile. There is a vegetarians and vegans group for my local small town, and once a few of them arranged a meet up some years ago. I wasn't able to make it. I might post on there looking for a meet up but then it's a small town, you might end up with a meetup of 5 people and the only single ones are way older or younger.

I might have a look on this Veggly app in Chile as well when I get back and see if anyone is using it.

I'll date meat eaters I think if necessary rather than be single. The chance of a long term relationship might be a bit lower, though.

I didn't like FB up until I joined and met tons of vegans in the UK. I'm also a member of animal rights and wildlife rescue groups. Even though I am not looking for a partner it does help you meet lots of like minded people. I actually did meet two men who wanted to date me but I'm not interested. Two of my vegan pals both met their partners on vegan dating sites in the UK. However, the site was for senior vegans.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to join vegan social groups and share joyful moments with others, whilst you are still actively looking for a romantic partner.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I did try and join up with animal rights and similar organizations, and environmental organizations and animal sanctuaries in Chile. But typically they would just ignore me and not reply to my messages or say they would call me back but never do. In one case I went to the actual office and knocked on their door and they took down my details and said they would be in touch and then never contacted me. I think I also sent them 4 separate emails to 4 separate email address and got no replies.

I was never quite sure whether they felt I didn't fit the profile or didn't want foreigners or were just too incompetent to reply to me or if I said something wrong or some other reason.

I was more motivated by the actual activism at that time rather than dating, in fact I think in many cases I was in a relationship already at that time.

I've had similar experience in the UK (not quite as bad) with people not replying to me and I wasn't sure if I fit in. I managed to get to some Extinction Rebellion events a few years ago and help out, but usually only by turning up unannounced after no-one replied to my message.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I've had similar experience in the UK (not quite as bad) with people not replying to me and I wasn't sure if I fit in. I managed to get to some Extinction Rebellion events a few years ago and help out, but usually only by turning up unannounced after no-one replied to my message.

In the UK, you just turn up for a demo. I go to all of them and it's a way to meet lots of people. There is also Meetup. Have you checked to see whether there is one in your town? I suppose it does all depend on whether you're going to live in Chili or the UK.

I'll be going to live in Chile probably between late April and early June, the closer it gets to that date the less interested I get in dating, activism, or starting any other new thing or meeting new people generally.

Still waiting to Animal Rising to reply to my message of some days ago.....

Finding somone who matches up with your (vegan) values can be a challenge, especially if you live in a small town.
However, I believe if we 'take the time, over and over, imagine' the person we would like to be with (personality, positive
traits, etcetera) it helps the process along. There are Neville Goddard videos on youtube about creating the life you want. cheers.

• Disagree
Reactions: silva and Brian W
Finding somone who matches up with your (vegan) values can be a challenge, especially if you live in a small town.
However, I believe if we 'take the time, over and over, imagine' the person we would like to be with (personality, positive
traits, etcetera) it helps the process along. There are Neville Goddard videos on youtube about creating the life you want. cheers.
Let those who read your post know that Mr Goddard taught many of the dubious nonsense that New Agers later swallowed.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Let those who read your post know that Mr Goddard taught many of the dubious nonsense that New Agers later swallowed.
Yeshua did say, "ye are all Gods'. You have your beliefs, but Neville Goddard is a caring thoughtful human.

Yes, it is possible, though I think quite challenging depending on one's tolerance. I've dated more than one light meat eater in my life. Now I've been married 20 years and we're pretty meat free (though not absolutely 100% for reasons I won't go into again here). But honestly, though I do think it could work in some instances, I would now rather not date or marry someone who eats a lot of meat, or someone who wants meat in the freezer or ready at hand. We NEVER have meat in our refrigerator or freezer. I haven't purchased a meat product from a grocery store in decades. I don't want meat around me. I feel similarly about dating a smoker again. I dated a few in college and it was downright revolting. The memories of the smell and breath sometimes make me nauseous. If I were to post a singles ad somewhere (I hope I never have to) it would probably read NO SMOKERS OR MEAT EATERS PLEASE!!
Agreed in that cadavers make the air, breath, AND BODY FLUIDS SMELL. I intensely dislike restaurants and eateries for the odor issues.
They smell like a morgue.