Is this healthy im 16 yr old male

The good thing about Cronometer is that the visualisation speaks for itself. You can customise what you think you need.

You didn't drink enough water at all. Obviously I am female, but my goal is set to 1950g water.
I'd say that's too much saturated and trans fat. My goals are 20g max and 0g. You shouldn't be having any trans fat at all. Trans fat doesn't go away once it enters the arteries. I saw a horrific documentary about it, but I cannot remember the name right now. I am sure What the Health will be covering it though ;)

Are you really interested in all those proteins? I mean, good for you, but it might become a bit of a hassle if you want to meet every target there every single day. Vit D is too low my target is 200 UI. Sorry I'm not going to go through everything because that is what cronometer is for :)

Like I said, as long as your goals are set responsibly the rest is very obvious and visual. If you consistently fail to reach certain targets you might want to start supplementing, but adding the macros every day is a pain.

It's great to see that you are taking your health so seriously. Good on you! And good luck. :)

The good thing about Cronometer is that the visualisation speaks for itself. You can customise what you think you need.

You didn't drink enough water at all. Obviously I am female, but my goal is set to 1950g water.
I'd say that's too much saturated and trans fat. My goals are 20g max and 0g. You shouldn't be having any trans fat at all. Trans fat doesn't go away once it enters the arteries. I saw a horrific documentary about it, but I cannot remember the name right now. I am sure What the Health will be covering it though ;)

Are you really interested in all those proteins? I mean, good for you, but it might become a bit of a hassle if you want to meet every target there every single day. Vit D is too low my target is 200 UI. Sorry I'm not going to go through everything because that is what cronometer is for :)

Like I said, as long as your goals are set responsibly the rest is very obvious and visual. If you consistently fail to reach certain targets you might want to start supplementing, but adding the macros every day is a pain.

It's great to see that you are taking your health so seriously. Good on you! And good luck. :)
I just wanted another opinion because everyone keeps saying you will get ill if you turn vegan, my proteins are high by accident i just eat protein rich food (a lot of beans) so atleast that proves to my family i can get protein without meat.

Im low on b12 which everyone said i would be and vitamin d and e, what will happen if don't fix it will it really make a difference either way i want a b12 supplement just for added support can't get enough of that b12 :).
oh and thanks for spending some of your time to answer my questions.

Last edited:

oh and i think maybe the tans fat might be because i ate a whole bag of salted tortillas, just a thought

Im low on b12 which everyone said i would be and vitamin d and e, what will happen if don't fix it will it really make a difference either way

The list of conditions that could spring up from these deficiencies are quite long. You definitely don't want to muck about with B12 and Vit D, so if you're not getting those in your diet then supplement.

I'm surprised about the Vitamin E. Sources include dark leafy greens, almonds and other nuts (hazelnuts), sunflower seeds, avocado, olives, broccoli, squash, kiwi fruit, pine nuts, parsley, papaya among other sources. Generally, only people who are calorie restricting or not eating a varied diet will get a vitamin E deficiency. Symptoms of vit E deficiency include anaemia, nerve damage, and an impaired immune system.

Yes, making sure you are getting enough of these vitamins really will make a difference. I recommend you take a look at the resources at http://veganhealth.org/

No problem. ;)

The list of conditions that could spring up from these deficiencies are quite long. You definitely don't want to muck about with B12 and Vit D, so if you're not getting those in your diet then supplement.

I'm surprised about the Vitamin E. Sources include dark leafy greens, almonds and other nuts (hazelnuts), sunflower seeds, avocado, olives, broccoli, squash, kiwi fruit, pine nuts, parsley, papaya among other sources. Generally, only people who are calorie restricting or not eating a varied diet will get a vitamin E deficiency. Symptoms of vit E deficiency include anaemia, nerve damage, and an impaired immune system.

Yes, making sure you are getting enough of these vitamins really will make a difference. I recommend you take a look at the resources at http://veganhealth.org/

No problem. ;)
yh i dont eat a lot of dark green i usually just eat like onions, peppers, tomatoes and mixed frozen stir fry veggies.

Is this an actual blood test result? How long have you been vegan?

So is 100% the ideal situation, if you have a lot less than 100% you are at risk of a deficiency? If a lot more, you have too much, is that it?

If your vitamin D is low which it looks like it is, get out in the sun more or get a tablet. If that is a test taken this summer, assuming you are in the northern hemisphere, then that is quite a surprise. It ought to be at its highest now. All the more reason to get a tablet. Where do you live, and if US, which state?

As far as I understand it, vitamin B12 is so commonly not present in a vegan diet, in fact it is hard to get it at all, so definately get a supplement. I found one that is just like eating 1 cherry sweet every week. I quite look forward to it.

Oops sorry ignore my comments about vitamin D then, I thought it might be a blood test result.

how much vita d can i get from the sun ?

Depends on the time of year, the weather, how much time you spend outdoors (obviously), what you're wearing and whether you have sunscreen on. So daily absorption can vary widely. Some information on NHS page.

It's hard to tell whether you are getting enough vitamin D from the sun. If you tell me where you live (so I can look up the latitude and the amount of cloud cover), how much time per day you spend outdoors and at what times of day, whether you use sunscreen, your age (OK you already said that one) and weight, and how dark your skin colour is, I could probably make a guess as to how long you need to spend in the sun each day, and whether you currently are likely to be getting enough.

That is some personal questions, so feel free to ignore this if you don't want to disclose this kind of information.

Reactions: 1 person
It's hard to tell whether you are getting enough vitamin D from the sun. If you tell me where you live (so I can look up the latitude and the amount of cloud cover), how much time per day you spend outdoors and at what times of day, whether you use sunscreen, your age (OK you already said that one) and weight, and how dark your skin colour is, I could probably make a guess as to how long you need to spend in the sun each day, and whether you currently are likely to be getting enough.

That is some personal questions, so feel free to ignore this if you don't want to disclose this kind of information.
England, windsor and no i dont use sunscreen im white but tanned a little and i have no clue how much i weigh but i around 6 foot and skinny but not bone skinny, i spend about 2 hours each day in full sun light as its england and the sun isnt reliable.
Thanks in advance

2 hours a day in sunlight sounds like enough, especially if you do it with bare arms and during the hotter hours of the day (about 10-3). White skin is a positive indicator.

You do have some negative indicators with the latitude and the amount of cloud cover in England but if you really spend 2 hours per day including in the winter that could be enough to overcome those I would guess.

This story http://www.bbc.com/news/health-36846894 summarizes the latest health recommendations specific to the UK.