Is Going Vegan for Health Enough to Keep You Vegan?

I run into more veganish people who aren't just dietary veganish. A few examples...

1. Has no dairy other than a Greek yogurt every few weeks or so. Uses animal friendly cosmetics, shampoo, cleaning products, etc., does not buy wool/leather. Greek yogurt does her in.

2. Lives/eats vegan except for cheese pizza once a month when out with friends...follows same guidelines for clothing, cosmetics, etc.

3. Another follows same basic principle but has an occasional piece of milk chocolate.

I can't crucify these people. I think they are amazing in what they are doing. So they can't use the vegan label, I get that. But they are different from a vegetarian who consumes dairy/eggs and products with these ingredients, regularly. The yogurt eating person will not consume other products with yogurt in them. I know, it's kind of weird.

I'm wondering if this belongs in the other thread but the whole veganish thing got me thinking.

Nobody goes vegan for health reasons.

People "eat plant based" for health reasons, but I have not heard of anyone forfeiting leather shoes, belts or sofas for health reasons (unless the health of the animals concerned is the motivation).

However, it is a very good thing to go plant-based, as it can break down the addiction to animal products and can allow people to see the truth behind animal rights without their judgement being clouded by their love for bacon, cheese and omelettes.

Best regards,
Andy

Reactions: Clueless Git
However, it is a very good thing to go plant-based, as it can break down the addiction to animal products and can allow people to see the truth behind animal rights without their judgement being clouded by their love for bacon, cheese and omelettes.
Yes, I believe this is very true. Once we are no longer emotionally dependent on animal foods, it is easier for our brains to drop the self deception, and allow themselves to see the truth about animal farming.

I turned Vegan in this order, The animals , the environment and earth,wanted to connect more with nature and be a peace, for health reasons.....