Im so tired. is this normal?

nino3

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I am more tired than usual. I became vegan at end of June but fill vegn beginning of july. The last few days i have been extremely exhausted. Its sooo draining. My husband is tellin me its because i am not eating meat. This is my daily diet. Morning i start with lemon water, then a kale, spinack, celery, cucumber and some berries in a smoothie, later i get rolled oats with almond milk and one banana. I eat grapes or oranges if i get hungry. then i do brown rice with mixed vegetables and that varies some weeks i use chili lentils and this week has been pea soup with potatoes and sweet potatoes. Dinner i just have something small with very few carbs like a salad with mushrooms and tomatoes, olives, beet and some hummus with a bit of salt and pepper. I also make vegan cookies sometimes and i drink like 5 to 6 bottles of water a day. So i dont know if i am doing something wrong and am scared as people are telling me i look tired all the time and i feel it. Please help me is my diet complete?

Are you getting your b vitamins? Do you take a supplement or use nutritional yeast?

I use nutritional yeast but only sprinkle it on food. I dont take ant B vitamis. I do take BCAA vitamins and a probiotic as ive noticed that i get very bloated. My stomack sometimes seems like its going to explode its so big. Everywhere else seems like im loosing the weight but my stomach is very bloated. Can you recommend what type of vitamins i can take or is nutritional yeast enough? What B vitamin should i take?

Nutritional yeast may not be enough. I find that if I only use that I get chest pains after a few days and get tired as well. I take a liquid b complex by sundown naturals. I'm not sure if it's vegan but it is vegetarian. There's no fish or milk in it. As for the bloating you might be eating too many gas inducing foods in a day. I don't get bloated except if I happen to have meat or dairy products. I do however get very gassy if I have too much beans.