Iced drinks

I make fruit tea--currently cranberry and blood orange and let it cool, sweeten with stevia and juice of one lemon and chill. baby, it's good and cold and sweet.

I also like to make Lebanese ice tea--sweetened cold black tea (I use black tea with roses) with juice of one lemon, 2 TB each pomegranite mollasses and rosewater. Divine.

u3asaran.jpg
In the southern US, sitting on the front porch with a glass of sweet tangy lemonade is a hallmark of summer. And cools you down on a steamy, lazy southern afternoon. :) And I have a lemon tree in my yard. http://www.returntosundaysupper.com...emonade-recipe-true-southern-hospitality.html

"Fashioned Classic Lemonade

Yield: 6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutesI like to chill this in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving. This recipe is a bit more complicated than just adding lemon juice, water and sugar but the taste is much richer, and I believe, well worth the effort.

INGREDIENTS:

6 lemons - 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 cups water
1 cup sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Pressing down with your hand, roll the lemons back and forth on a hard surface to release their juices. Cut lemons in two and squeeze out juice reserving the lemon rinds and place the rinds in a large bowl. You can strain the juice if you like to remove the pulp, or leave the pulp if you prefer.Boil 4 cups of water.Place the sugar in a bowl and cover with 1 cup water and stir to dissolve.Cover the lemon rinds with the other 3 cups of boiling water and let this sit for about an hour and you will have lemon infused water. Discard the rinds.In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, the dissolved sugar water, the 3 cups of lemon infused water and the remaining 2 cups of water.Garnish with mint and lemon slices if you like."