I sleep too much

Micaiah Dennison

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hey guys, can anyone help me?
Ive been a vegan for two weeks now but the last week ive had really bad trouble sleeping too much.
I live a very active busy lifestyle so I cant afford to be sleeping more.
Before I turned Vegan I could sleep 6 hours and wake up full of life but now its sometimes 8 or 9 hours and I struggle to get out of bed..
I dont have any more time to be sleeping in like that.
I love being Vegan, and I want to keep it up but I need help with it..

I have been suffering from an undiagnosed sleep disorder for like 30 years. So I know a lot about sleeping - or not sleeping. but since I still suffer - I wouldn't take my advice.

You really didn't provide nearly enough info for anyone to make good suggestions.
Well, actually there is one good suggestion that can't be too far off: go see your doctor.

Being that you have been vegan for only two weeks, it seems unlikely that your problem is related to diet. But one thing you can start doing is keep a log. It could be really helpful when you see a doctor. also there is maybe a chance that you might see a pattern.
There is an app called SleepTimeFree that you can try out. If you like it you will have to upgrade to the paid version.
it makes keeping a log pretty easy.
Or you can just keep a notebook by your bed.
Things that are worth keeping track of is
How much and when you ingested caffeine.
Exercise. When and how much
Sunshine. how much.
When you had dinner
If you had snacks after dinner.
Diet stuff. Carbs, protein, fat, vitamins.
when you went to bed
if you slept thru the night
when you got up
how you felt when you got up

Oh. and sunrise comes later now. I don't know about you but it makes it easier for me to sleep in.

I'm not an expert on this, but you could be calorie deficient. Many new vegans tend to not eat enough calories, which could possibly be the cause of your excessive fatigue. I wonder what you've been eating for the last two weeks?

I'm not an expert on this, but you could be calorie deficient. Many new vegans tend to not eat enough calories, which could possibly be the cause of your excessive fatigue. I wonder what you've been eating for the last two weeks?

Oh! That IS a good suggestion/question.