I need carrot recipes. Please.

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I order online from a supermarket and then to the curbside pickup.
Has not been a great experience - I'll give the supermarket a C-.

Sometimes they substitute something that is out of stock. I think there is a preference for that and maybe i should turn it off.
So far about half of the subs they made were pretty bad. Like Ben and Jerry ice cream instead of Ben and Jerry's non-dairy frozen dessert.

A couple of days ago I ordered 5 pounds of carrots. I got 10 pounds.

So does anybody have some good recipes that require carrots? I have quite a few but I'm not sure what I can do with 10 pounds.

Oh, I guess I could cut them up and freeze them. Should I cook them first?

Get some donkeys and go for the world record of biggest donkey carriage ever...

1593830231120.png

On a 2nd thought... maybe not... they are far too smart to fall for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
At least as a vegan you dont need so much milk anymore...

1593830431818.png

Definitely blanch the carrots before freezing them, unless you're going to use them ASAP. Blanched they'll be good for months; otherwise, they'll deteriorate nutritionally, despite being frozen.

I'm not a fan of allowing subs, either. They tend to be a disappointment. The curbside experience can be odd overall, because it sometimes feels as if they're passing off their oldest produce, hoping the customer will just take the cost of the loss. And strangely enough, I've been given (accidentally not a sub) beets rather than radish. TWICE.

Good luck eating your carrots!
ETA: I have no idea how to use that many carrots unless you juice or love carrot cake. Sorry, for not having a better suggestion.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Carrots are root vegetables and if you wash them to get rid of any sand ( you didn't mention whether they were organic) you can keep them for ages in a cool dark place or fridge.
I would keep a 1/3 of them for making grated carrots (slaws and salads) fritters, and carrot cake. You can also cut them into sticks and eat them with dips or guac.

The other 2/3 you could roast them (to make salads with grains etc or and as a side), steam and puree them for mash- add the mash to soups, make hummous,smoothies, use as a binder for making croquettes, nut burgers etc. You can also freeze carrot mash in a zip lock bag.

Sub. the honey with either maple syrup or agave.

Sub. the eggs with linseed and or mashed tofu.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
all of what @shyvas said plus make some soups with lots of carrots etc in them and freeze the soups

make some chili with carrots and celery and freeze that

I love roasted veggies in the oven and will cut up carrots, onions, parboiled potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, etc and roast them all together.

I also love them just steamed and then spiced up.

There are only 186 calories in a pound of carrots so you can eat a lot of them in a sitting and not overeat.

You could also get really creative and make faux salmon or bacon and don't forget carrot cake and carrot muffins....

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Lou