I dont know how to give up animal products

Dandana

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
It's so difficult. I've eaten animal products my entire life and trying to give it all up seems ridiculous. I don't know how to transition or even how to tell my family. I think if I can tell someone everyday me progress and what I eat may make it easier. Anyone interested?

Err... go ahead?

Just tell your family outright. It's not like 'coming out' and, even if it were, neither should be difficult: both are socially acceptable, thank goodness. Just take your diet into your own hands - if you're relying on your family to feed you that will be harder and possibly breed resentment.

Go ahead and write your progress here. Or feel welcome to message me or post on my wall.
I know it's difficult, I still haven't told everyone in my family and I won't until I absolutely have to, the same people for example to whom I can't tell my sexuality to. And even some people who I was sure would understand me, just think I'm going through a phase and call me 'difficult'.
What I have to remind myself all the time is that I'm not doing it all for myself, it is for the animals and it is for the planet and it is for the people who will live after us. You keep watching documentaries and vegan talks on youtube until you don't have to feel motivated anymore and you just do it.
I can recommend some movies/videos if you need.