I can't believe what i just read

How did you find that?
I'm thinking we should all email her
I just followed a link that Google pushed to me on my Android phone. This was categorized under the term "vegetarian" or "vegan".

I definitely want to email her or the newspaper (or both) and tell her to wake the f up. Or, if she wants to raise her child in an ignorant bubble maybe she should homeschool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forest Nymph
I just did a google search of her to find her email address. She is on Twitter, Facebook, etc. so contacting her should not be hard. or just email her newspaper.

But in googling her I found that she is a bit colorful.
She was banned from her school after a heated argument with the school's administration
she is suing the school district to lift the ban
She has spoken out about her previous boss at the State's Department of Agriculture. (she might be on the right side i that case - but its hard to tell at this distance)

Oh. it wasn't in my Google News Feed. Oh wait, it is if you use the term "vegetarian". My google news feed uses the term "vegan".
My Apple News feed uses the term Vegetarianism. but I think that was their term.

Yes, people are obnoxious. "I as a meat eater" and "You can be a vegetarian" like they think we're discussing styles of clothing, favorite bands, or preferred branch of a religious practice.

It's a blind sense of entitlement. It kind of makes me pissy because I never had this, so it's very hard to relate. I tend to leave this social problem to the "former meat lovers" who became committed vegans, because I'll probably just throw a dodgeball into someone's smug face.

• Haha
Reactions: TofuRobot
Yes, people are obnoxious. "I as a meat eater" and "You can be a vegetarian" like they think we're discussing styles of clothing, favorite bands, or preferred branch of a religious practice.

It's a blind sense of entitlement. It kind of makes me pissy because I never had this, so it's very hard to relate. I tend to leave this social problem to the "former meat lovers" who became committed vegans, because I'll probably just throw a dodgeball into someone's smug face.
"Obnoxious" and "meat lover" are putting it very mildly. She sounds like a cult leader.

"Obnoxious" and "meat lover" are putting it very mildly. She sounds like a cult leader.

Well she's definitely more than a neutral or mildly biased meat eater. My experience of California is most people are at least publicly neutral until you talk to them in more depth. This woman is acting like they asked her child to consider radical Islam or becoming a Sister Wife in a bigamist sect. Most people in California don't react that way unless they're behind closed doors. They're more passively rude or oblivious. I am not surprised she is from the Midwest. The South would also make sense. There meat in conservative circles is some kind of cultural heritage symbol, like machine guns and Wal Mart. No one knows exactly what made these fools so attached to automatic weapons, cheap exploitation retail and dead animals on dinner tables, yet I sense it has something to do with Fox news.

The best part is where she says my child knows the difference between a pet and a food animal. I can see her grandma fifty years ago saying the same about blacks and whites with the same delusional sense of superior knowledge of social manners.

People like this lack critical thinking skills due to genetics, lack of education or some type of abuse so they get terrified if someone suggests anything outside of rote memorized black and white thinking. In a country like the US that's so wealthy and developed they should make up a small minority but our social programs and schools in some states are worse than more than one developing country.

I read somewhere that we are all a little bit racist but our moral compass, or conditioning, or intellect keeps us from being overtly racist. But it is still rare for me to meet someone who is obviously racist without apology.

Most everyone we meet (except for other vegans) are speciesist. but it's rare to run across someone who is not only obvious but so confident and unapologetic in their narrow-mindedness.

I don't have a twitter account or a FaceBook page. but if one of you guys have one, do me a favor and check Pinke's. I wonder if it is blowing up. must have been a million vegetarians who read that article today.

I read somewhere that we are all a little bit racist but our moral compass, or conditioning, or intellect keeps us from being overtly racist. But it is still rare for me to meet someone who is obviously racist without apology.

Most everyone we meet (except for other vegans) are speciesist. but it's rare to run across someone who is not only obvious but so confident and unapologetic in their narrow-mindedness.

I don't have a twitter account or a FaceBook page. but if one of you guys have one, do me a favor and check Pinke's. I wonder if it is blowing up. must have been a million vegetarians who read that article today.

I disagree I grew up in the American South where people are casually racist without provocation. Even working for three months in Trinity county exposed me to people who literally impede attempts to recycle because they think it's against their political party. You're older than me but for whatever reason you've managed to duck human stupid evil. It's everywhere.

Even this woman Pinke has blocked comments on her personal account and systemically removed any comments that don't agree with her journalists account. Every comment there says I love you and agree with you.

Even more obnoxious is that she's pretty and blonde. Probably a malignant narcissist. This is what we are up against. Not some hysterical crazy lady. A controlled pretty blonde with a career in agricultural journalism that will delete your comments.

My only hope is that her daughter will question her due to all of this. Otherwise might as well burn down the barn, thats why I believe in aggressive tactics.

She also made the Internet when she was mentioned in an article - some kind of scandal at the State's Department of Agriculture. At her exit interview, she accused her boss of creating a hostile workplace. And her boss is at the center of a sexual harassment charge. Then I guess she wanted her exit interview published. When the state didn't do it she did it herself.

Not only don't I have all the facts but even this I had to sort of piece together. So I'm not sure if she is the outspoken champion for women's rights or just a loose cannon.