I am an activist for animals and vegetarian

Editorialist

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I have been advised by the Moderator to start posting in this section so I can accumulate enough posts to allow me to submit to the whole group so here goes. I just participated in an action alert to try and save 118 puppies from being put down in the Richmond, VA Veteran's Hospital by writing my Congressional Representative in Washington to defund such experiments in that facility. I am also an activist in human affairs as well so I am in constant contact with Washington, D. C., even the President.

I will continue to share what I do in this area until I get enough posts to submit them on line. I look forward to posting on this forum to help the animals and stop killing them for the consumption of meat.

Reactions: Second Summer
I just participated in an action alert to try and save 118 puppies from being put down in the Richmond, VA Veteran's Hospital by writing my Congressional Representative in Washington to defund such experiments in that facility. I am also an activist in human affairs as well so I am in constant contact with Washington, D. C., even the President.
That's great! So is this a recent interest of yours? How did you get involved in these campaigns in the first place? Also, do you mind sharing what sort of human affairs you're involved in as well?

I have been an activist since 1966 as I have had a deep desire to stand up for what I feel is right for others and also the animals. I had the same feeling for animals as did St. Francis, my favorite saint and felt others should also.

Since accepting Christ as Savior I have learned how much God loves His creation and found out what we do to animals frequestly we then do to people. Concerning human affairs I am strongly against abortion, oppression of the poor, needy and the widow. of the poor and things that destroy our environment, particularly the air we breathe and water we drink. I am actively involved in doing something about the rising cost of health care and feel after finding out ways to make it affordable (the main issue really) and then implement it with Medicare for All, my favorite or private insureance. I am against our government wasting money on other countries and selfish pork barrel projects and have an active correspoindence with leading Senators and Congressman

I also support the organization Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, based in Washington, D. C. consisting of many doctors who believe a meat based diet is bad for you. They are constantly putting out articles and findings to support their belief. They also put out alerts on medical facilities who want to experiment on animals and have been successful in getting several to stop using animals for research. You might to check them out.

Again I am active in the stop0ping of the killing of 118 puppies at our Richmond, VA Veterans facility and am glad to report the U. S. house of Representatives passed an act to stop these experiments and the legislation now goes to the U. S. Senate for action. I have now contacted my two U. S. Senators to ask passage of this bill when it arrives in the Senate toi consider.

Here I go again with activism. I have contacted the Mayor of Yellview, Georgia as well as their Chamber of Commerce asking they stop their annual event called the Turkey Trot in which they put turkeys in a plane at a certain high altitude and then drop them from the plane which injures many and even kills a few. When does the cruelty to animals end. I obtained this information from United Poultry Concerns headed by Karen Davis