Hummus is awful.

^ Hmm, peanut butter, I would never have thought to do that.:)

I know Beanstew said he has tahini just as a sandwich filling. :eek: Tahini tastes so strange to me. I don't know if there is tahini in falafel because I sometimes don't like that too?

It's true. Not just tahini though. I have it with salad sandwiches. It's also nice on chili and other dishes.

Hummus and chips == yum!

I prefer hummus with less tahini. My favorite is "Greek style" with lots of garlic and lemon, or the spicy/hot flavors. When I make it at home, I always go light on the tahini.
I don't like Sabra, but I do like Tribe.

I find that commercial brands have too much garlic. Ugh. So I like to make my own. Also, it is usually runny- I like mine to be thick.

If I think hard about chickpeas, I find it more and more amazing that they exist. Too lazy to smash them up much.

I find that commercial brands have too much garlic. Ugh. So I like to make my own. Also, it is usually runny- I like mine to be thick.

I think they need more, so I make my own. I do agree on the thick part. I make mine thick and extra spicy.

Fountain of Health Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is what I consume with my crispy wheat crackers.

Hummus works great on salad in place of dressing, too. :yes:

Sure does. Although I sometimes add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to it also.

It also makes a great replacement for cheese on pizza. Plus it helps the veggies stick on the dough. That's one of my pet peeves with a lot of cheeseless pizzas. The veggie toppings always fall off since the cheese isn't there to help them stay on. Hummus is the perfect solution! :)

I prefer hummus with less tahini. My favorite is "Greek style" with lots of garlic and lemon, or the spicy/hot flavors. When I make it at home, I always go light on the tahini.
I don't like Sabra, but I do like Tribe.

Tribe is my favorite as well.

tumblr_lylef1D1wG1r7vxcmo1_500.gif

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I love hummus.

One thing I don't get, though, is why falafel and hummus are always served together. I get that it's delicious. But who first went "hey, you know what goes well with chickpeas? MORE CHICKPEAS! I'm a genius."

Reactions: Muggle
I love hummus.

One thing I don't get, though, is why falafel and hummus are always served together. I get that it's delicious. But who first went "hey, you know what goes well with chickpeas? MORE CHICKPEAS! I'm a genius."

I always think about that too.:p Maybe someone who really likes chickpeas ? Or maybe some new veg*nwho thinks they need a shitload of protein or else they'll die a sickly veg*n?

Sometimes I mix it up and have baba ganoush with falafel instead of hummus, but I do appreciate the hummus/falafel chickpea combo.