Health Issues How to admit you need help.

Thanks again everbody. Talking with my teacher went well. Now I just have to get that paper into her without freaking out over it again. I've decided that either tuesday or thursday afternoon is when I'm going to go to student health, I don't have any afternoon classes those days, so I can wait around if they can't see me right away.

Good luck at student health. I hope you are able to talk to someone you feel comfortable with and that person is understanding and compassionate. You should be proud of yourself for first recognizing that you were having a problem (and dealing with it in unhealthy ways) and for reaching out and seeking help. :hug:

Well done for talking to someone, KFL. That's really the hardest part, I'm glad your teacher was so understanding. My teacher was amazing when I eventually admitted why I was having problems with the work. I hope it all goes well for you with the student health people :hug:

But what if you have a hard time trusting people?

I don't know if you are asking for yourself or just in general, so I'll respond in general. Trust can be an issue and I can only say that there are no guarantees. There will always be times when people let us down, some more than others, but we shouldn't let that keep us from reaching out if we need to. Just one reward is better than any amount of let down. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

I don't think this thread is about you.

I thought of it as being the most convenient, since it was related to the issue at hand.

Hope KFL doesn't take offense.

I don't know if you are asking for yourself or just in general, so I'll respond in general. Trust can be an issue and I can only say that there are no guarantees. There will always be times when people let us down, some more than others, but we shouldn't let that keep us from reaching out if we need to. Just one reward is better than any amount of let down. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

Thanks!

KFL, you should be proud of yourself, for recognizing a problem and having the guts to not only admit it, but to ask for help.

One thing I would emphasize is that, if you don't feel completely comfortable with the counselor you see, you should not feel badly about switching counselors/therapists.

Bless your heart, sweetie. My daughter has awful anxiety problems, so I understand how very difficult it can make one's life. She's finally decided to seek out help as well. I'll keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you're doing.