How many cups of water do you drink in a day?

jillyan10

Newcomer
Reaction score
They always say that we should drink more water than sugar drinks. Water is an essential need of our body. I personally drink 5-6 cups of water in a day plus 2-3 cups of coffee. I rarely drink sugar drinks these days since it is not good in our body.

Water is practically all I drink, save the occasional "treat." I generally try to drink at least 5 glasses a day - and these are larger than average glasses.

I think people who can only drink soda and say they can't drink water are ridiculous, and I can't understand it. Surely they will pay the price for constantly consuming the sugary beverages, both health-wise, and literally - those drinks are expensive, compared to water, which I'm lucky enough to be able to get for free from my tap.

I drink what my body needs. As simple as that. If it is a hot and drink day and I am out exercising, I will be drinking much more than a colder day where I am not doing much at all. I only drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then coffee or homemade fruit/herbal tea and as much or little water as my body tells me I need.

I usually drink 1 - 2 quarts of water per day. Lately I've been slacking a little but I'd like to get back on course. I used to drink about a gallon of water per day. I did that for several weeks but eventually starting drinking less and less due to how busy I've been. I'm going to start doing this again. This thread has inspired me.

They always say that we should drink more water than sugar drinks. Water is an essential need of our body. I personally drink 5-6 cups of water in a day plus 2-3 cups of coffee. I rarely drink sugar drinks these days since it is not good in our body.
5 to 6 cups? whatever for? I'm not one to drench my body in more fluid that it actually needs. Glass in the morning, a glass at lunch time, and a glass after my work out in the evening.

I actually drink a lot of water - I can't say I measure it but I would say it's well in excess of what is required. I think the reason I drink so much water goes back to the days when I used to work in a call center. Talking on the phone so much would leave my mouth super dry, so you'd have to have multiple bottles of water at your desk and would sip on them religiously in between phone calls. I guess it was a good habit to get into, though, so I won't complain!

I don't drink much water. From a glass any way. I get most of my water via food and I'm well hydrated for it. The 8 glasses a day thing is just an easy thing to remember.. there isn't much to it though. It depends on the person.

I would say I drink 6-8 glasses of water each day. There is no real minimum amount of water each person should be drinking every day. You are supposed to drink when you are thirsty, and drink enough to quench that thirst. Your body knows what it is doing, and is able to tell you when you need to drink water. Everyone is different, and your needs are different from someone else's.

I have a 1,5 litre bottle that I fill with water every day and bring it to work. When I have a bottle in front of me I know to drink and if it is in front of me I just drink it without even thinking. I always have a bottle of water in my bag and carry it around. I don't count exactly how many glasses of water I drink but roughly two litres a day. Sometimes I like to add some cucumber or lemon into the water to mix things up a bit or i love drinking green mint tea if I want a hot drink !

It all depends.....
The best from of hydration is from plants as it is naturally filtered by them and full of minerals and nutrients that can be effectively metabolised by your body. Therefore on a predominately raw plant based diet I drink very little but when I do it is usually distilled source water.Young Coconut is a wonderful boost too if you are able to obtain them!
If you want to learn more about water then look up Viktor Schauberger aka The water wizard and Masaro Emoto with
his incredible water crystal experiments. There is a lot more to it all than we think!

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I don't obsess over how much water I drink - I eat *a lot* of fresh fruit so I get a lot of water from the food I eat. But I end up drinking about 60-80 oz. of water or tea (plain - nothing added)/day (combined). It ends up being a bit more than half my weight in ounces (a better benchmark, IMO, than a set amount for all ppl of various weight). About half of the water I has fresh lemon juice added to it. And it's reverse osmosis. I never drink water from the tap (not a fan of ingesting chlorine, fluoride, and whatever other cr@p our tap water has in it).

I usually drink around 3-4 litres of water every day. I pretty much only drink water, though I do drink almond milk sometimes (most of the time I just have it in my cereal). And green tea can be nice.