Hitler was a vegetarian

The ominvore's favorite syllogism.

Yes, but ill thoughtoutedly so ..

For one thing it is a lynch pin of 'omni-logic' that it is the inalienable right of those who climb to the top of the food chain to slaughter 'lesser' living beings.

Bit hard for omnis to argue that Hitler did anything wronger than simply having climbed a bit further up the food chain than the vast majority of 'lesser' beings feel entirely comfortable with.

Is he really? I had no idea. Given that most mass murderers tortured and killed animals as kids, before moving on to humans later in life, I find this surprising.

--Fromper
I really don't know. A quick Google shows that most of the people claiming he was are vegetarian-bashers. At least no one can claim Jeffrey Dahmer was. :rolleyes:

He was a bad painter and had a mustache. Everyone who is a bad painter is a serial killer. Everyone with a mustache is a serial killer. Everyone who is a man is a serial killer. Everyone who is human is a serial killer. Everyone who is a mammal is a serial killer. Every living creature is a serial killer. Every ....

Reactions: Danielle and yally
Actually, Hitler was only a vegetarian because of health reasons... so yeah :p

I wouldn't really care if he was or wasn't, but I really hate the fact that some people use the idea that he was as a way of discrediting vegetarianism. :bang: (Hitler was a vegetarian, Hitler was an evil person, ergo, vegetarians are evil people) I mean, there have been so many other well known vegetarians who were genuinely GOOD people (Mahatma Gandhi, for one), but the anti-veg people conveniently ignore that. They focus on the Hitler thing. :fp:

maybe the comparison hangs on so stubbornly because there is a grain of truth to it. There is often complaint about vegans picking on vegetarians, and I think many vegetarians pick on meat eaters, in a kind of Hitleresque manner. I've tried to take note of the comparison personally, and tried to invade less countries......and judge people less...or at least preach to them less.

263hjsy.png