Help! Need a Chinese style recipe please!

Helen Davis

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I'm cooking for my brother who is not mad keen on vegetables at all (the only vegetable he'd eat as a child was peas,) but he does like Linda McCartney's hoisin pulled duck, and Chinese food generally. Can anybody suggest a recipe please? What would be a good sauce to go with the hoisin duck for example, (and which might 'disguise' the vegetables!!)
Thanks,
Helen.

Reactions: Apetamin
Hoisin is a sauce. You could make your own or buy it premade. I just buy it premade, its usually vegan. Or at least what I find is vegan. It's sweet and salty. It goes good on all kinds of veggies. Broccoli, carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, to name a few.

Reactions: Madison Fragillan
Hi Madison, how lovely to see a picture of my Sindy Doll. She was the first one and I think I was eight when I got her. Unfortunately, I didn't get a change of clothes for her that I remember, my mum said they were too expensive.

Sorry Helen, I don't know any Chinese recipes.

My fav is a really good home made sweet and sour with tempura batter cauliflower. I know it's a veg but frying it in batter really makes it taste fabulous. Second fav is mushrooms in black bean sauce. Try Pinterest, you can find great recipes there.

Hi Madison, how lovely to see a picture of my Sindy Doll. She was the first one and I think I was eight when I got her. Unfortunately, I didn't get a change of clothes for her that I remember, my mum said they were too expensive.

Sorry Helen, I don't know any Chinese recipes.

I'm sorry you didn't find her a change of clothes! I make my dolls clothes out of socks if they need it, but it's not always the same :) Yesterday I got some really nice Sweet and Sour sauce from the supermarket (Waitrose) it's Seeds of Change. If you cooked some steamed vegetables in it, and served it with rice, that would be a splendid, easy Chinese style meal :p