Hello from California!

Tami

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a native Californian. I have dealt with a number of health issues over the years including Endometriosis, chronic headaches, Hashimotos and goiter. I recently found a new doctor and discovered through extensive blood work that I DONT have Hashimotos but a leaky gut. I also found out that I have an auto immunity to eggs, gluten, corn and all dairy. I have allergies to a lot of foods as well but I am mid an elimination diet to heal my gut.

This health journey over the past 7 years has led me to surgery, eating vegetarian, eating vegan, going back to a meat diet and trying Paleo and now back to vegan. (Yes, I am one of "those") I have to say that I DO care about the welfare of animals but my reason for a plant based diet is mainly health. However, I just wanted Earthlings and it opened my eyes. It disgusted me. I do strongly believe that the state of health in this country is due to the poor treatment of animals and then us eating those sick, adrenaline filled meats. It makes us sick. Not to mention all of the pesticide sprayed foods and the copious amounts of processed foods.

I can't tell you how good I feel on a organic plant based diet. However, my diet has to also eliminate wheat, rye, barley and corn which makes it a bit more challenging.

My philosophy after reading MANY books and watching countless videos on health, diet, nutrition, superfoods, etc. is that you have to eliminate meat, fish, eggs and dairy. Fill up on the veggies, fruits, nuts seeds and legumes. Eat fermented foods for a healthy gut. Detox your body; as all of us are environmentally toxic. Eat as much as 100% organic as you can. Educate yourselves on alternative health; there is so much success out there on it. Eliminate processed foods! Lastly, each of us are unique and getting good blood work to show auto immune conditions and food intolerances can make a HUGE difference as it has for me.

I am concerned about the environment and where our food comes from. I live about 25 miles from a nuclear power plant and I hate it. I have done a lot of reading up on nuclear energy and the damage to the planet and people that has been caused by Chernobyl and Fukushima. I am concerned about the state of our oceans, air , water and food supply but don't know much what to do about it other than support organic farming.

I am hoping I have found the right forum for my interests. Other forums I have joined have had petty arguments over vegetarianism vs. vegan and have bashed each other. In my mind anyone trying to make an improvement in their diet makes a difference not only for themselves but for the planet. I don't really consider myself a vegan or vegetarian as those words have become stereotyped. I am someone who eats a plant based diet (minus the gluten) gluten.

It is my hope from this forum that I will continue to learn from others; share what I have learned and become healthier and healthier. Thank you for listening!