Habitual breakfast and lunch ideas

Ben77

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
At least for the time being, I'm not looking to "go vegan", but I am looking to enhance my workday breakfast and lunch routine. I am very boring when it comes to food during the work week. I take a long time to wake up and lunch is a time I just don't want to think about anything. I like to .... wait for it.... veg out.

Everyday supplements:
Half of of a "broad spectrum" mineral supplement, daily
A teaspoon of Inulin FOS, morning and night
A teaspoon of Acacia fiber, morning and night
1200mg of Flaxseed oil, morning, noon, and night
500mg of Krill oil, morning and night
"Super" B complex 1-2 times a week. Time released. Neon green for the next 12+ hours.

My workday breakfast routine.
Bowl of Frosted Miniwheats with a scoop of Whey protein concentrate. I primarily eat this because it's not too sweet, but sweet enough and is enriched. Been eating at least the cereal nearly every day for 5+ years and haven't gotten bored of it yet.

I have tried Oatmeal and I mix with some yummy local real Maple Syrup. But Frosted Miniwheats is enriched with a lot of vitamins and minerals and I'm concerned of having a hole in my nutrition. I could mix fruit into the Oatmeal, but berries tend to bad quickly and I hate going to shopping more than once a week.

If anyone had some ideas of a simple fast breakfast meal that would have a nice range of nutrition. Remember, looking for something fast and brainless in the morning. I am a sloth for the first 1-2 hours of the day. I do love Oatmeal other than the lack of vitamins. I just thought about freeze dried fruit, but not sure how viable the nutrients or expensive they are.

My workday lunch routine.
Typically a banana when they're not green or brown, and a yogurt.
I've been having a small salad of kale, mushrooms, 1.5" slice of cucumber, half or a whole avocado, olive oil, bit of salt, and a small sprinkling of dried cranberries and blueberries.

Typically this alone gets me full enough to not be hungry and difficulty eating anymore of anything, for at least an hour. Except for the bananas, all of this food last at least the work week, but I feel there might be something more I can add. Not so much to spice things up, but to make more nutrient. May want to look at my snacks. Tried spinach, but it goes bad very quickly.

My workday snacks.
Edamame beans, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans, raisins, dried cranberries. Also some jalapeno baked kale. I may have some snacks during lunch, but I typically get too full from the main meal to have much. Going to keep an eye out for hazel and brazil nuts.

Pretty much every night I have greek probiotic yougurt with a scoop of whey concentrate and a few M&Ms for desert or Kefir with cinnamon and a scoop of whey concentrate as a desert.

Dinner tends to be whatever the wife is up to. I'm not a very picky eater, but I am practical, lazy, and willing to make simple swaps.

I recently discovered asparagus steam bags that seems to have fresh asparagus that can be microwaved in the bag and I can eat it plain. I'm thinking of mixing this in somewhere in one of my daily routines. Main problem is it tends to be 2-3 meals worth, so I would need to store the left overs.

I have my coffee and tea black, my whiskey neat, my kefir unsweetened, and my beer dark and at room temp. Just keeping it simple.

Last edited:
Hahaha veg out, how old are you 65?

Hey ben, I wrote a huge post on my daily routine breakfast smoothie just last week. it has frozen berries and oats in the right amounts. If your up for some solid reading and a seriously nutritious smoothie, it could be for you, if you do give it a try please let me know what you think.

I am the same as you, some people think I am boring having the same thing every day, but i really enjoy this smoothie every day and have done for some years now, I can get it done in three minutes and put it in a jar to drink in the car, would not change it for anything else.

https://upperspoon.com/recipes/drinks/the-smoothie-to-end-all-smoothies/

Oh one other benefit of the smoothie for breakfast is you can put any other dietary powders, oils right in there.

My favorite snack is just good old rice cakes with peanut butter.

Breakfast could be smoothies, pancakes, waffles or sandwiches.
Lunch or dinner can be rice, pasta or quinoa with chickpea and veggies stew, lentil bolognese, curry, falaffels, beans win tomato sauce, potato fritters, grilled broccoli, Chard casserolle... Those are some ideas