Greetings

peakvegan

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I've been vegan for nearly 8 years now and love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so I'm looking forward to swapping some tips! In my spare time I help to run a dog rescue charity and I have recently created a new vegetable garden. I'm in the Peak district, UK and having recently moved here would love to connect with other vegans and animal lovers in the area.

Last summer was my first season and it did really well. We had abundant runner beans, courgettes, rocket, spinach, celery, radishes, kale, lettuce and not-so-abundant broccoli, spring onions, leeks, potatoes and tomatoes. I'm still eating the brussel sprouts and we had plenty for xmas dinner! I suspect the success was mainly due to the slugs and snails not discovering the patch until later in the season and I'm going to have to fight them off this year.
As for recipes, I'm into wholefoods and currently looking for subs for my less healthy buys like mayo and cheese. Home made mayo has been OK (room for improvement!) but today's attempt at cashew cheese has resulted in something resembling hummus ha ha. Tasty, yes, but cheese it ain't. I love tasty curries and stews, such as "maghmour" - the lebanese moussaka which is aubergines and chickpeas stewed with tomatoes, onions and garlic flavoured with mint and smoked paprika...very yummy

Welcome on board!

I have found much in Lebanese food that I like :yum but unfortunately we don't have it very often as my daughter is super picky (like most kids, I guess). But that moussaka sounds wonderful.

:up: for dog rescue charity! We got our dog through one. He's a handful, but has finally calmed down a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: bEt and Emma JC