Green Vegetables

KingWito

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, I recently went vegan and started eating healthy. I love all kinds of fruits and vegetables, and prior to going vegan I ate a lot of them. The only things I don't really like are green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce. I really can't make them come down, I tried smoothies with tons of dates and berries, salads with different dressings, stews but they just always taste like grass. I'd really like to eat healthy and I don't know if I shohld stress about becasue I eat a lot of broccoli and other vegetables. Got any tips on how to eat them or if I should be worried?

Your leafy greens are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They also are great in fighting cancer, so it's really great if you can keep trying to get them into your diet. How about trying a little each day and when you feel fine with that little bit, add a little bit more? Add lots of other veggies with your greens if you try a small salad. If you like tomatoes, cucumber, and onion, then keep your salad high with those first and then add a little more lettuce each time. My favorite way to get extra greens is in a taco salad. I load it up with other veggies, salsa and lots of smashed pinto beans. Also, don't give up on putting your greens in smoothies. Just start out small with the greens and high with something sweet like bananas and pineapple. Each time you get fine with the little bit, add some more of the greens and try to work up from there. Lots of luck!