Green drinks & red drinks vs fresh live veggies & fruits

Davy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Does anyone know or read any research on this? Say fresh veggies and fruits are a 10 on a
scale of 1 to 10. Where would green drinks (full of spirulina, barley grass, wheat grass, spinach, broccoli, kale, etc.)
and red drinks (raspberry, green tea, blueberries, watermelon, grape seed, beet, mango, turmeric, etc) fall on this scale of 1 to 10?

Tough one I guess. Take away 1.5 for no fiber and 1.5 for processed and I'll guess a 7.
Much better though than SAD.

Does anyone know or read any research on this? Say fresh veggies and fruits are a 10 on a
scale of 1 to 10. Where would green drinks (full of spirulina, barley grass, wheat grass, spinach, broccoli, kale, etc.)
and red drinks (raspberry, green tea, blueberries, watermelon, grape seed, beet, mango, turmeric, etc) fall on this scale of 1 to 10?
All of these are good but be aware that your red drink might be just that. It's coloured red but how much raspberry is in it?
You hit the nail on the head when you said "Take away 1.5 for no fiber and 1.5 for processed" though my guess is that a smoothie with broccoli in it is nothing like as good as the cooked or raw broccoli on your plate.

Guess it depends on the processing, and how it fits in with your normal food intake. Mum won't eat a lot of vegetables but if I puree them and make a sauce for pasta, or make it thick and put into a pie or tart case she will eat a bit more. Or mix a bit through her soup. She is a bit like trying to feed a fussy toddler and I figure anything that gets her to eat that extra mouthful is worth it.