Vegan The Ultimate Green Smoothie

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
  • 1 1/3 cups hazelnut or almond milk (original, unsweetened is best)
  • 2-4 large leaves of green kale, dino kale, Swiss chard, etc. (or 2-4 oz. baby spinach leaves)
  • 1 carrot
  • 2/3 cup ice cubes
  • 1 medium orange, peeled and quartered (leave some of the white peel for the extra nutrients)
  • 1 medium apple, quartered
  • 1/2 – 2/3 cup berries, (blueberries, acai, raspberries, strawberries, etc.) or grapes or fresh pineapple
  • 1/2 large banana or 1 small banana
  • 1/2 avocado

1. In a Vita Mix (or powerful blender), put hazelnut or almond milk, green leaves, carrot and ice cubes and turn on to high, slowly, until blended smooth.
  2. Turn to low and add apple, orange and berry/pineapple choice and turn to high until smooth.
  3. Turn to low again and add banana and avocado and turn to high until smooth.
  4. Note:
  5. It’s important to rotate the greens and berries. It’s fun to experiment with other kinds of fresh fruit. I like the pineapple the best. Mango is another favorite.

Reactions: das_nut
I need to get on the smoothie bandwagon. I really love juicing, but it gets to be a pain (cleaning the darned machine). Smoothies seem to be more my speed if it weren't for the fact that the consistency would probably bother me. I don't like 'thick' liquids but I think I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can't come up with something that will work for me. :)

Reactions: sallyomally
This was good!!:lick:I used spinach and blueberries and left out the ice and avocado.I would love to try it with the avocado next time.The only reason I left it out was because I didn't have any.Does the avocado give it more of a creamy texture?Mine was a little on the thin side but still good.I think I've gone completely looney because it's well below freezing here and all the sudden I want a smoothie.:p:D

I may also try the pineapple later.

Last edited:
I felt really good all day today after trying it yesterday so I am planning on having the pineapple one tomorrow.:)

I love green smoothies!

One thing I really liked about living in Germany, was that you not only get deep-frozen kale in the supermarket at extremely good prices, but also that I could simply go to my garden and harvest some nice young stinging nettles for my smoothie.

I love green smoothies!

One thing I really liked about living in Germany, was that you not only get deep-frozen kale in the supermarket at extremely good prices, but also that I could simply go to my garden and harvest some nice young stinging nettles for my smoothie.

I've never seen frozen kale over here. I have to buy it in an organic shop and it is really expensive.

Anyway, apparently kale is overrated and most green leafy vegetables are jam packed with nutrients.

10 Superfoods Healthier Than Kale

Reactions: ledboots
I must drink more vegetables and berry smoothies.
I would like to as well. The one in this thread sound delicious. I need to get a better blender, though. It's on my list of things to acquire, but that list is long. :D

Last edited by a moderator: