Physical Exercise GPS based running games

yakherder

老外
Reaction score
Not sure if this would be better under the video game or tech forums, feel free to move it if so :p

Been getting into GPS running apps/games lately just for fun. Not a replacement for a well planned routine if you have specific goals in mind, but a little something fun to do as an alternative every now and then or if you're just looking for some incentive to get yourself moving.

That said, "Zombies, Run!" apps for both iPhone and Android, which with recent updates can now be played on a treadmill, are currently half off for the new year.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Anyone know of any others? There aren't many out there of the caliber of "Zombies, Run!". There are a few that are fun for a couple minutes, but most don't have an actual plot and objectives. Wish there were more like this.

Oh I am so getting this!

I woke up from hideously disturbing zombie dreams this morning and I run through a cemetery so this will definitely get me running faster!

Oh I am so getting this!

I woke up from hideously disturbing zombie dreams this morning and I run through a cemetery so this will definitely get me running faster!

It really does get you going. Not an intense run by any means, though you can certainly make it as intense if you want if you're good at role playing while you exercise lol, but you get lost in the story and before you know it you've been running for like an hour trying to build up your town. It's nice that someone finally figured out how to put the addictive nature of progression based video games towards something constructive.

Reactions: yellowduckie21
It really does get you going. Not an intense run by any means, though you can certainly make it as intense if you want if you're good at role playing while you exercise lol, but you get lost in the story and before you know it you've been running for like an hour trying to build up your town. It's nice that someone finally figured out how to put the addictive nature of progression based video games towards something constructive.

It needs achievements in order for it to be really addictive.