Goodbye Caffeine

Kasandra

Forum Legend
Reaction score
ok so giving up coffee and tea from today. i am super sensitive to caffeine and it always make me feel so tired later in the day and dehydrated so here goes :

started my morning with ginger, honey and lemon tea (made by myself)

just had a cup of rooibos now...

already getting a slight headache... but will survive

Good luck! I had been off of caffeine for years...then I got this bright idea that I wanted to wean myself back on it. (Not sure it is correct to say 'wean onto' something as opposed to 'wean off of' but I'm saying it anyway, lol).

I got myself officially hooked on coffee so now I'm cutting back again. I allow myself four ounces of caffeinated coffee in the morning...the rest of the day it is decaf whether it's coffee or tea. I think it has helped ease the anxiety issues.

A good move, Kasandra. Good luck :)

I'm also super sensitive to caffeine which is sad because coffee is my most favourite thing EVER. I just have it a few times a week now.

You can get some decent decaf though.

I should do this. I always just give up when I get the horrible headaches, but I just need to push through. :(

Good luck! I had been off of caffeine for years...then I got this bright idea that I wanted to wean myself back on it. (Not sure it is correct to say 'wean onto' something as opposed to 'wean off of' but I'm saying it anyway, lol).

I got myself officially hooked on coffee so now I'm cutting back again. I allow myself four ounces of caffeinated coffee in the morning...the rest of the day it is decaf whether it's coffee or tea. I think it has helped ease the anxiety issues.

I dont usually take in a lot of caffeine but even the little bit I do take in effects me badly, jip anxiety also play big part in my life why I want to cut it out.

No caffeine in headache pills or drinks for me.

I only have one strong cup in the morning which I really enjoy. I don't drink tea or coffee during the day like most people so I consider the one cup as beneficial.
However, I'm amazed by the number of Brits who drinks 6 - 8 cups of tea during the day.

It usually takes me two days for the caffeine headache to set in when I don't drink coffee.

I keep thinking that I want to stop lately.

I only have one strong cup in the morning which I really enjoy. I don't drink tea or coffee during the day like most people so I consider the one cup as beneficial.
However, I'm amazed by the number of Brits who drinks 6 - 8 cups of tea during the day.

Oh I can do that easily. I've had to taper off though and cut back because it was too much since I was exceeding 8 cups a day on top of all the water I was consuming also.:eek:

Caffeine is pure evil . It gives me anxiety attacks, makes my heart race, and makes me freak out. I am fine with decaf coffee and teas though. But anything containing even the littlest bit of caffeine really affects me.

No caffeine for me either, since my early 20s. Panic attacks, palpitations, crippling insomnia... and if I can do without it for ten years while working 7pm to 7:30 am, you can too! Headaches and fatigue for a week. And I save $$ bc of no starbucks etc. :)

Of course you realize that if you give up caffeine you also have to give up chocolate, as it contains a small amount of caffeine as well.

That's nothing! I know people who drink 12+. How they aren't weeing all day I don't know...

I drink a large mug in the morning and the vast majority of the time that's all. I've never really noticed caffeine affect me, I can drink a big mug and go straight to sleep afterwards. Sometimes I think I should switch to decafe, because caffeine stops you absorbing nutrients fully, but then I think... I love coffee too much. I look forward to my morning cup!

Anyway good luck with your endeavour Kassandra, you can always try decafe coffee :)

That's nothing! I know people who drink 12+. How they aren't weeing all day I don't know...

I drink a large mug in the morning and the vast majority of the time that's all. I've never really noticed caffeine affect me, I can drink a big mug and go straight to sleep afterwards. Sometimes I think I should switch to decafe, because caffeine stops you absorbing nutrients fully, but then I think... I love coffee too much. I look forward to my morning cup!

Anyway good luck with your endeavour Kassandra, you can always try decafe coffee :)

My aunt must hold the record at 20 cups a day. She encountered health problems ( can't remember what kind) and the doctor told her that it was a max. of 6. She counts each cup that she drinks and says '' only 2 more, than only 1 more'' as if it were some kind of drug ! :D

Wow that's a lot, Brits are crazy!

That's kind of cute, I hope she's okay now :)

She is doing much better without all of that caffeine and she even sneaks in a 7 th cup from time to time. :D

If it's a good quality tea she can always try re-steeping. :) Most of the caffeine steeps out in the first three-ish minutes (which is a super common time for steeping the first cups) so having re-steep cups is almost like having a decaf cup, AKA BONUS cups :D

I like to drink a ton of tea per day too. My rule is I can't use fresh leaves more than 4 times a day, but re-steeps don't count. xD

Of course, depending on the tea she drinks they might not taste as nice re-steeped. Some of my teas I can squeeze out three-four cups with one set of leaves. Most of them make a good second cup, and then I have some that are only good for one use.

If it's a good quality tea she can always try re-steeping. :) Most of the caffeine steeps out in the first three-ish minutes (which is a super common time for steeping the first cups) so having re-steep cups is almost like having a decaf cup, AKA BONUS cups :D

I like to drink a ton of tea per day too. My rule is I can't use fresh leaves more than 4 times a day, but re-steeps don't count. xD

Of course, depending on the tea she drinks they might not taste as nice re-steeped. Some of my teas I can squeeze out three-four cups with one set of leaves. Most of them make a good second cup, and then I have some that are only good for one use.

I'm sure that wouldn't do as she squeezes out all the liquid until the very last drop. I my-self also dislike anything that is re-brewed.
Same goes for coffee. In some bars they use the ground coffee to make a 2 nd cup !:(

Caffeine was easier than I thought to give up.

Maybe I never was addicted in the first place though.

I'm sure that wouldn't do as she squeezes out all the liquid until the very last drop. I my-self also dislike anything that is re-brewed.
Same goes for coffee. In some bars they use the ground coffee to make a 2 nd cup !:(

Oh I see. Yeah, I don't re-steep teabags either. It grosses me out, but it's different with loose leaf.

Yuck, re-using coffee grounds is just disgusting. x_x; Especially in a coffee shop where you're expecting a decent cup. It's one thing trying to be a bit frugal at home, but serving that to customers? Really unsavoury. :(

Reactions: KLS52