Good dairy replacements?

Ever seen it used? I've followed vegan cheese threads and have never seen any rennet used in non dairy cheese, only for vegetarian dairy.
I was simply interested in whether they knew something different. It's a coagulant/thickener for dairy milk and doesn't seem to have a purpose in non dairy cheese

How could I, as there are dozens of companies that make artisan style cheese. As they are very expensive, I never buy them. Rennet is used for making many different cheeses in Europe so I wouldn't be surprised that it's used for non dairy cheese. Not all dairy cheese is vegetarian.

I have a bottle of vegan rennet and it makes great cream cheese. I bought it at lakeland's.

How could I, as there are dozens of companies that make artisan style cheese. As they are very expensive, I never buy them. Rennet is used for making many different cheeses in Europe so I wouldn't be surprised that it's used for non dairy cheese. Not all dairy cheese is vegetarian.

I have a bottle of vegan rennet and it makes great cream cheese. I bought it at lakeland's.
I didn't know there was vegan rennet.

How do you make vegan creme with veg rennet? I don't have any recollection of cream cheese -- I just strain soy yogurt and sweeten it a bit, or add blended cashew if I want thicker.
And yes, veg rennet is what makes dairy cheese vegetarian

How do you make vegan creme with veg rennet? I don't have any recollection of cream cheese -- I just strain soy yogurt and sweeten it a bit, or add blended cashew if I want thicker.
And yes, veg rennet is what makes dairy cheese vegetarian

I add a few drops to the mixture before putting it into a cheese cloth. It thickens the mixture and gives it an acidic taste.

I add a few drops to the mixture before putting it into a cheese cloth. It thickens the mixture and gives it an acidic taste.
.....but what's the mixture? :shrug:

I just blended cashews, garlic, lemon and nooch in Vitamix and am going to add probiotics and age a day or two. Mixed up recipes like this-

.....but what's the mixture? :shrug:

I just blended cashews, garlic, lemon and nooch in Vitamix and am going to add probiotics and age a day or two. Mixed up recipes like this-

Soya yogurt, lemon juice and rennet plus a pinch of salt.

Bear in mind that in France they have + 700 different kinds of cheeses so my recipe is
like a pebble in an ocean.

Reactions: Luis Halson
Some years back one of my Yoga teachers made Vegan cheese with cashews, the business just kept growing . . .

Home - Nuts For Cheese - Cashew Cheese, Dairy Free Cheese, Vegan Cheese

Nuts-For-Cheese-vegfest.jpeg
I love this cheese! A bit expensive, but the flavours are so tasty and rich that you don't need a lot to enjoy it to the fullest! Great Canadian company!

Reactions: thinman
Soya yogurt, lemon juice and rennet plus a pinch of salt.

Bear in mind that in France they have + 700 different kinds of cheeses so my recipe is
like a pebble in an ocean.
Make sure you use a vegetarian/FPC/microbial/vegetable rennet. Animal rennet is made from calf stomachs.