Frustration with Facebook users

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Or: Why are FB users so clueless?

Lately, I've been interacting a bit more with people in FB groups. However, it's frustrating. Some have abandoned basic rules about punctuation, some forget to include crucial bits of information in their posts, even when prodded to provide said info. Which leads me to the question: What is wrong with these people?!

Is it the user interface that encourages this behaviour? Or is it the fact that so many people are on FB that we get 'all sorts'?

I have to agree with you. A lot of people seem to have forgotten basic elementary school grammar rules and it annoys me to no end! Use complete sentences for goodness sake! Just because you are on the internet doesn't mean "no rules apply here."

I think they get Twitter confused with FB, and maybe they forget which platform they are using. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I think it depends a bit on what kind of people you have in your "friends" list and as members of the forums you visit.

I have learned to stay away from certain areas of FB...

Facebook is just a network where people give their personal information freely just in case the police or government want to dig into their lives at some point. Nice available pics of criminals and victims for the nightly news to show. Children's photos posted publicly without their permission. Even fetal ultrasounds! Oh, and it's a nice no-free-speech zone, as well.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Facebook is just a network where people give their personal information freely just in case the police or government want to dig into their lives at some point. Nice available pics of criminals and victims for the nightly news to show. Children's photos posted publicly without their permission. Even fetal ultrasounds! Oh, and it's a nice no-free-speech zone, as well.

That seems like an excellent summary. Some of the older generation who are FB users don't seem to be aware of this. :unamused:

• Agree
Reactions: beancounter