US Free Reusable Target Bag on Earth Day

Thanks for the info! I have to work that day though and they most likely will be out of bags before I can get there. :(

I work the opening shift that day; would mean a VERY early start for me and a free bag isn't really worth it. Target isn't exactly on my route to work anyway. :(

I got two the year before last, but missed out last year. I didn't get there until late in the day and they were out. I think it wasn't as well publicized the year before last, as I had to go back to Target the following day and they still had a few. Now it's all over the internet and everyone wants one! The year before last, you also had to make a purchase to get one, then they put your items in the free bag when you checked out. The linked ad looks like you just walk in and take one this time?

I might use my lunch break to go try to get one this year. I hope it's the one in the photo, I like that. I'm still using my two from two years ago, they've held up well.

I went to Target and got my free bag, but it wasn't quite as, um, large as I expected. :D (I was shopping there anyway, but lol.)

Smallish banana to show scale...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366581524806.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366581524806.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 159
My Target didn't have them out yet today. The ones I got a couple years ago were full-size. I wouldn't at all mind the small size, though. Sometimes I run in for two or three things, maybe more than I can comfortably carry, but not enough for a big bag.

Reactions: ledboots
From what I've read online, some stores didn't participate and some of the stores that did hand them out also gave out free samples and coupons. It seemed to differ from store to store, but everyone who got a bag confirmed that it was super tiny and nothing like the bags they have handed out in the past.

Well damn, I wonder if Target by my work will have them tomorrow. I thought they handed them out on actual Earth Day, not the day before.

There's a grocery store near me that I rarely shop at because it's more expensive than other stores in the area. It is the only place I can get No Chicken BtB, and occasionally they have a good produce sale. It's also the only store around that has Husband's favorite ice cream. So occasionally I pop in there. They give a 5 cent bag refund if you bring you're own reusable bag, but absolutely refuse to give the refund if you take no bag at all. Since I don't feel like carrying a full size bag in for one jar of BtB and maybe a pint of ice cream, I never get the refund. This little bag would have been perfect.

Well damn, I wonder if Target by my work will have them tomorrow. I thought they handed them out on actual Earth Day, not the day before.

There's a grocery store near me that I rarely shop at because it's more expensive than other stores in the area. It is the only place I can get No Chicken BtB, and occasionally they have a good produce sale. It's also the only store around that has Husband's favorite ice cream. So occasionally I pop in there. They give a 5 cent bag refund if you bring you're own reusable bag, but absolutely refuse to give the refund if you take no bag at all. Since I don't feel like carrying a full size bag in for one jar of BtB and maybe a pint of ice cream, I never get the refund. This little bag would have been perfect.
The cashier at my Target commented that they had a ton of them left, and it was late in the day. I had asked about it initially, they didn't offer and there were no signs or anything, so maybe the store near you will still have them.

I actually thought the giveaway was tomorrow, too, but the cashier and the girl bagging were so nice about my Easter reusable bags, I decided to ask about the earth day bag.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Hope you get one RabbitLuvr.

I wonder if they decided to do it the day before Earth Day because it was a weekend day. Maybe they figured it would be easier to get people into the store then as opposed to a weekday when most people are at work.