Fostering?

Kittendumpling

Crafty Wino
Reaction score
I've recently found out about fostering for my local Cat's Protection League (I love dogs too, but my fiancé isn't a fan). Does anyone here have experience of fostering?

Bumping, ha ha. :p OP still comes around. :)

I started fostering in June of this year so my experience is limited. I already had three cats, Cybil (18) Bogart (age unknown but had him for a year), and Ben (3 - had him for 2 months at that point).

At first, I thought I was going to be a complete failure. Bogart died four days after the foster kittens came. I think if he were still with me, I would have been able to adopt them out. But alas, they are with me for forever. :smitten:

I did manage to take in another 6 year old Persian (Paris). She was adopted out just this past week. So I am not a complete failure. :D

I love fostering but it is too easy for me to want to keep them all. I'm sure if Paris was with me longer than two weeks, she would have ended up being a permanent part of my family. But I am not against doing it again when the opportunity arises, especially with adult cats. I do not think I want to foster kittens again. These two are doing me in. :)

I think that is a great idea! I mean, what's the worse case scenario...you end up with a bunch of life-long companion animals! lol :)

I would love to foster cats or dogs but I work full time so the shelter said I'm not a suitable candidate for them.
However, I do foster for the small animal section and currently have 3
2 rabbits. Though they are lovely, I think il find it easy to let them go as I know they will go to a good home :) xxx

Reactions: KLS52
Do you have a potential adopter already, CrazyCatLady?

I had a dream that I had 2 lovely kitties, one brindle tortoiseshell and one pure white, both girls. The brindle girl liked to jump up onto my shoulder and perch there. I was deeply sad when I woke up to find they weren't real.