Finding fellow vegans in northern cali

XVX

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi there i live in northern California in a small town called Valley Springs. I'm about 45 minutes east of the city of Stockton. I don't have social media at the moment because my girlfriend and I decided to do without it and I was hoping there might be someone somewhat close by to connect with. I've been constantly searching for jobs in my area and have had no luck, all my friends are non vegan and don't have Any time to hang out and when they do mention anything about hanging out in the future they offer to go fishing or barbecue animal flesh but they never hit me up anyways. I feel like a big part of it is because I'm vegan and I don't partake in activities like that, I'd just like to hang out and catch up but it never happens. All these things about where I live have been really getting to me lately and I've been pretty depressed. Ive struggled with alcohol and marijuana addiction in the past and ive been tempted to fall back into my old ways but id rather just take a bus somewhere and meet up with like minded people and get involved with protests and or similar activities.

Oh you're in the central valley. If you were actually in NorCal I'd say me, but I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

If you don't mind traveling to the Bay Area, there is DXE there, and you could meet people that way.

Good luck, and welcome!

Thank you. I've looked into the DXE and I'd love to get involved with the community in the bay area. I met some of the people involved last year at veg fest in San Jose, they seemed like nice people.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I was just talking with her today about going down there soon. Definitely going to try to make it down there if we can save some money.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
There is a link in my signature to a "matchmaking" website - I mention this because it not just for romantic relationships but also for 'friends' and you can specify that you are vegans and looking for friends. That may be something to consider as it is free to sign up.

Emma JC