News Fears Over Tactics - Vegan Activists

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Fears over tactics used by vegan activists

I just saw this on Sky and it was heart wrenching. I think that the meat industry is using this video to portray all animal right's activists as violent. They are diverting the problem of conditions in abattoirs by portraying activists as the vilains.

Chrissy Dean is an animal rights activist from SAVE's Manchester group.

At a peaceful protest, she told Sky News why she attends the vigils moments before the animals are killed.

"I just love animals and I just think that everything that is living has a right to live. Those pigs don't want to die. I've seen them just run around fields and be free.
I'm a mother and they are babies. They just don't deserve to be treated in the way they are treated."

Last edited:
If the meat industry can make the AR activists look like criminals and / or violent thugs, then they win the public opinion. One of the oldest tricks in the book. It's been used with some success against those protesting against animal experiments in the past.

If the meat industry can make the AR activists look like criminals and / or violent thugs, then they win the public opinion. One of the oldest tricks in the book. It's been used with some success against those protesting against animal experiments in the past.

I totally agree. At least the video that was shown on SKY was not bias as they showed another one were the activists were pacifists.
They also interviewed an active Manchester campaigner who came across as a very sincere, calm and most upset ( the had tears in her eyes) person by talking to the animals that were about to be slaughtered.