Animal Advocacy Farm Animals to be Used at Olympics

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
I think a skipping sheep says 'thank you' perfectly!

I actually heard about this Olympics thing over the weekend, and my first though was about how the whole idea sounds ridiculous. Then the animal thing sank in, and I was pretty angry about it. Those poor creatures in a stadium full of people, I would think it would be fairly scary for them.

Of course I am against this and I have signed, but we have to think that this close to the Olympics, they arent going to be pulling or changing the opening show. Its a very sad thing.:sniff:

I think a skipping sheep says 'thank you' perfectly! :yes:

I actually heard about this Olympics thing over the weekend, and my first though was about how the whole idea sounds ridiculous. Then the animal thing sank in, and I was pretty angry about it. Those poor creatures in a stadium full of people, I would think it would be fairly scary for them.

I agree. They are just going to either die of fright or be depressed for the rest of the poor short lives !!!

Moreover, including poor animals into a opening ceromony won't add anything to the 'wow' factor.

Of course I am against this, but we have to think that this close to the Olympics, they arent going to be pulling or changing the opening show. Its a very sad thing.:sniff:

I know, I'm not optimistic. But maybe some good will come out of the protesting regardless. And there's still a slim chance that they could remove the animals and keep everything else the same - as far as I can tell, they're more like a set decoration than anything else.

I know, I'm not optimistic. But maybe some good will come out of the protesting regardless. And there's still a slim chance that they could remove the animals and keep everything else the same - as far as I can tell, they're more like a set decoration than anything else.

Let's write to them and suggest that they put up a GIANT poster of them and leave them in peace !!:pig:

Reactions: AeryFairy
I posted this on another group and this is the answer that I received.

'Is there any real proof that this use of farm animals ( cows, chickens, and pigs) should be cruel..?? It might be good the bring them to the world attention...!!'

:(

I wonder who gets to do this "job".

images

Reactions: sallyomally
...and cows need to be milked! :fp:

... they want to recreate the perfect English countryside where farm animals roam around.......the majority of them live cooped up in factory farms !

Who are they kidding ?

If I receive any other dumb responses from members of the other group, I'll let you lot deal with them! :(

... they want to recreate the perfect English countryside where farm animals roam around.......the majority of them live cooped up in factory farms !

Who are they kidding ?

If I receive any other dumb responses from members of the other group, I'll let you lot deal with them! :(

Itll be just like the Waitrose advert.
Meet percy pig, he runs around outdoors, then sleeps on a soft bed of fresh hay.

Taste the difference.
The sick thing is, im only kinda exgerating the advert.

Meet percy pig, he runs around outdoors, then sleeps on a soft bed of fresh hay.

Taste the difference.

Yes, I saw it the other day and to top it all, Heston is frying a porc chop.

Taste the difference.

I hate any kind of advert that does this. I think the worst ones were the 'thank you cow' ones from Muller. Ugh.

The Anchor butter one seriously annoys me. Oh and that Muller one with the cow running along the beach.

Two mosh pits? Does a mosh pit mean something else in the UK?

I posted this on another group and this is the answer that I received.

'Is there any real proof that this use of farm animals ( cows, chickens, and pigs) should be cruel..?? It might be good the bring them to the world attention...!!'

:(

Some people just have no sense. I can't think of a single animal I've known, no matter how well socialized, who wouldn't find that kind of crowd and noise stressful.

As far as I am aware, mosh pits are only used for moshing. I guess it's because they are replicating glastonbury for some reason?!
I guess it's too late to change anything, but if they can know that 4,111 so far people have been majorly ****** off, that's a start and may make them think twice next time.

Some people just have no sense. I can't think of a single animal I've known, no matter how well socialized, who wouldn't find that kind of crowd and noise stressful.

You're right. I just couldn't believe how dumb the bloke was ! You only have to wink at a lamb or a chicken and they dash off a mile......ddddduh:mad:

Reactions: sallyomally