Extremely exhausted

Rebekah

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I have been vegan for a week now and currently eat rice, raw vegetables (occasionally steamed), both raw and dried fruits, nuts, beans, whole grain bread, potatoes, nut butter, almond milk, and soy in my daily diet however by 3 pm every day I experience extreme exhaustion. I get 8 hours of sleep every day, drink lots of water, and exercise a few times a week. I'm not really sure what's going on or how to fix my exhaustion. I would be really grateful to hear input from anyone who has a suggestion. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on starting a vegan lifestyle! What made you decide to go vegan?

Don't worry, you haven't gone anemic or developed some other nutrient deficiency in just a few days. You are probably filling up on fiber yet still not getting enough calories. It also takes a little time for your gut bacteria to adjust to a new diet and aid digestion as effectively as before. Eat bigger meals, snack between meals, if you're craving something sugary or salty or oily go ahead and indulge yourself even if your end goal is to eat healthier than that.

Know that this will pass, and you will feel healthier and more energetic before long. Watch some vegan videos for motivation, and remind yourself why you're doing this.

Thanks for the response! I decided to go vegan simply due to the desire of wanting to be healthier. I have permanent nerve damage to my spine and am unable to live as active of a lifestyle as I used to so I decided that my eating habits should compensate for that.I I'm glad to hear that my exhaustion should fix itself soon.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on starting a vegan lifestyle! What made you decide to go vegan?

Don't worry, you haven't gone anemic or developed some other nutrient deficiency in just a few days. You are probably filling up on fiber yet still not getting enough calories. It also takes a little time for your gut bacteria to adjust to a new diet and aid digestion as effectively as before. Eat bigger meals, snack between meals, if you're craving something sugary or salty or oily go ahead and indulge yourself even if your end goal is to eat healthier than that.

Know that this will pass, and you will feel healthier and more energetic before long. Watch some vegan videos for motivation, and remind yourself why you're doing this.

You might not be eating enough. Try eating more calorie dense foods in the morning and afternoon and lighter in the evening. This should help fix your exhaustion problem.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I'll give it a shot!